• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Time is now to revive CB Radio

I thought a bit more about the midland deal and there is no way that sale is correct. It's supposed to be $79.99.

Good chance that on Monday when they start processing orders to ship they realize the error and cancel all of the pending orders. Especially when they see 100 orders for them.

If they do ship it's a great deal for us but unfortunately someone is going to lose a lot of money over a pricing typo. As someone who runs ecommerce sites I've had this happen to me and it sucks.

I can still recall in 1995 when JC Whitney posted a Cobra 148 for $59.99 or something like that in their catalog and I placed an order thinking I'd hit the jackpot and they canceled my order.

Last edited:
If they do ship it's a great deal for us but unfortunately someone is going to lose a lot of money over a pricing typo. As someone who runs ecommerce sites I've had this happen to me and it sucks.
NorthernTool is a very big online outfit with 100+ retail stores. Could it be a mistake? Sure. But since they run their own site I would hope they have some sort of sanity check on their own pricing. Like if something is marked down 90% is gets flagged. If they cancel the orders oh well.

I think it's just as likely Midland is stuck with warehouses full of these old school style AM rigs that where meant to go to someone like K-Mart or Sears. And now they have cool new stuff coming down the pike

Tune in next week to see what happens.. Same bat time same bat channel!

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I ordered two, haven't seen anything from them other than confirm of order. Website stalls out when I enter my conf number. Anyone see any order cancelations or ??

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.