• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whoever said good fences make good neighbors, didn't live next to family!

The shutters look good, and nobody could tell what you used unless you tell them! I have to admit that ATF is very versatile; I spray ATF every fall on the underside of my truck because of the super corrosive brine that they spray on the roads in the winter in my area. I experimented with a lot of things for a few years but ATF came out the winner!
I Need to do that to my truck's. Driving in the North East has caused the frame of my F250 to scale and rust, and the rims are stuck to the hubs. I now drive a Nissan Frontier, I need to treat it before I head back up that way.
Will ATF keep the rims from sticking to the hubs?

I Need to do that to my truck's. Driving in the North East has caused the frame of my F250 to scale and rust, and the rims are stuck to the hubs. I now drive a Nissan Frontier, I need to treat it before I head back up that way.
Will ATF keep the rims from sticking to the hubs?
You bet! I also always use full synthetic ATF (you do a lot with 1 quart) and use an air compressor powered automotive type spray gun (you have to turn the pressure down on the low side).
For the "finicky stuff" or something like the rims I remove them and use a brush to lightly coat the areas. It really helps a lot, otherwise in a few years, you end up with a rusted bucket of bolts instead of a truck.

20211201_215249.jpg
My wife loves Christmas lights, I do too, I just hate hanging them up. But since she seemed so excited about buying lights for the house I wasn't going to complain about hanging them up. I still have some icicle lights to put up, that will happen tomorrow. I wish the security light wasn't so bright, It's the first one I've ever had on my property, it was here when we bought the house. I kinda like it and other times not. It would be better if I had control over it.

There's a Gypsie clan that live around Spiro Oklahoma, been there since the early 1900's. Most of them are in the paving business, and one stopped by my house the other day and asked if I wanted any asphalt millings for my driveway. It just so happens I had mentioned to my wife about 3 hours earlier that I would like some ground up asphalt for our driveway, so I took a chance and agreed to let them work on the driveway. Hopefully I didn't get taken advantage of so far it seems to be OK, I guess time will tell, 4000 dollars for about 700 feet of driveway is a little high in my opinion, but I know diesel fuel is 5 + dollars a gallon so I can understand the price, if anything I should have a good base for something else to layer over it if this doesn't work like I hope. I had a layer of packed sp2 gravel but I couldn't keep the grass out of it, so maybe this will work.
They laid it, roller packed it, so far so good.
20220511_200311.jpg

There's a Gypsie clan that live around Spiro Oklahoma, been there since the early 1900's. Most of them are in the paving business, and one stopped by my house the other day and asked if I wanted any asphalt millings for my driveway. It just so happens I had mentioned to my wife about 3 hours earlier that I would like some ground up asphalt for our driveway, so I took a chance and agreed to let them work on the driveway. Hopefully I didn't get taken advantage of so far it seems to be OK, I guess time will tell, 4000 dollars for about 700 feet of driveway is a little high in my opinion, but I know diesel fuel is 5 + dollars a gallon so I can understand the price, if anything I should have a good base for something else to layer over it if this doesn't work like I hope. I had a layer of packed sp2 gravel but I couldn't keep the grass out of it, so maybe this will work.
They laid it, roller packed it, so far so good. View attachment 58937
looks real good so far

They laid it, roller packed it, so far so good. View attachment 58937
Looking good! The summer heat should stick it together pretty good. Lots of people around here use it, I am ready for another load myself.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated