• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

your favorite CB myth , lies and legends .

Heard one today,.

I have a nice tower and usually run barefoot. Hit some conditions and threw in the sweet 16. A local came back and was wowed. Asked the usual questions.
A few hours later, another local came on and said " Thats not tube watts, they are different".

Hi guys, I've not been on this forum for a while, no excuse lol. I just spent quite some time reading all the replies from you guys and sat here giggling. I cant remember where i found that info, on the web somewhere. Someone said it's still floating around out there.. It does make you laugh at some of the crazy things people believe eh? lol:LOL:
I think i posted the 6th post on the begining of this thread..

this from a a shop often suggested for tuning and doing business with on this and other forums .

"When you buy a Custom CB Radio there are going to be some differences in how it works from your old radio.
The SWR might be different because it puts out more power ......... "

"SWR might be showing good at dead-key but what is it on modulated TX? I have seen SWR go in the red when you talk into the microphone so if yours is then it is NOT set right.."

Custom CB Radios Fourm • View topic - Understanding CB Radios and Installations

so he is saying power changes the tuning/resonance of a antenna ???
and that the tuning of a antenna changes from dead-key to modulated power ???

this from a a shop often suggested for tuning and doing business with on this and other forums .

"When you buy a Custom CB Radio there are going to be some differences in how it works from your old radio.
The SWR might be different because it puts out more power ......... "

"SWR might be showing good at dead-key but what is it on modulated TX? I have seen SWR go in the red when you talk into the microphone so if yours is then it is NOT set right.."

Custom CB Radios Fourm • View topic - Understanding CB Radios and Installations

so he is saying power changes the tuning/resonance of a antenna ???
and that the tuning of a antenna changes from dead-key to modulated power ???

Yep, I raised an eyebrow and thought WTF when I read that too. :blink: I didn't bother to reply though because it would have just created an argument.

My favorite is (All Ham radio operators) are @$$holes and pricks. :LOL:

Hey now...I resemble that comment...or at least some think so. :LOL:;)

LMAO!! Im an operator myself and can honestly say Ive met some real a$$clowns on 11 meters and amateur radio alike so its a horse a peice :laugh:

LMAO!! Im an operator myself and can honestly say Ive met some real a$$clowns on 11 meters and amateur radio alike so its a horse a peice :laugh:

LOL...Yep, the asshole syndrome doesn't discriminate. You can find them on all the amateur bands, the CB...even GMRS and MURS. An asshole is an asshole. No license required...even though some do possess them.

"Davemade audio is louder than Fatboy, Xforce, Worldwide, and Texas Star audio".
I know that has been posted before but it's a good one.

a good one i remember back in the day was "doubling your modulation with an audio king antenna"
these had a clear loading coil housing filled with oil.
despite the claims none could beat the 1/4 wave steel whip on my pickup..
i told one of the idiots that the claim was B.S unless the modulator section of the rig was now inside the oil filled coil.turns out he was a sales rep!asked him what species of snake the oil came from?never heard another word on the air from him.

I've got the burn marks on top of my truck from running a 16pill on a quad magnet mount setup that says drilling the hole was in fact a better option.

i don't know what other kind of problems you have, but i've been running a 16 pill driven by a 1X4 thru a homemade mag mount and a 17"shaft for 5 years without a flinch. maybe your magnet diameter or spacing of your magnets is your problem or ground issues. but haveing drilled holes and run mag mounts i see no advantage to drilling the hole.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated