• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Just a few minutes ago I was hearing 027 outside of Milan, Italy. I thought I heard him say he was running a 7 element beam. It sounded like he was talking to several Florida stations. I could hear his station, but I couldn't hear the parties he was talking to. In one transmission, I heard him mention Rob in Pensacola, FL. That's got to be 4500+ miles. So while the skip isn't hopping big-time, there is definitely some opening of the band.

Last edited:
It's been so quiet up here in Central Pennsylvania, nothing on air when I fired up the Ranger earlier this evening, haven't made a contact since 8/23,that's how bad the Conditions have been since then,wish Mr. Sun would start doing some work and fire up the propagation and so forth, hopefully sometime soon!!

Yesterday evening I was hearing Brazil and Australia at the same time.
Skip has been in and out for me down hear in South Texas. I have made a few contacts to California on up to Vancouver this past week. Even made a rough contact to Costa Rica the other day.

Just turned the Ranger on about half a hour ago in-between doing laundry,tried calling out CQ more than a few times, absolutely no response as it seems the station's up my way home and go very quick+ alot of qrm here and there today, still going to keep trying however,hope all of my Radio Friends out there have a great day today and God Bless you,May we never Forget 9-11 and where we were on that fateful day that brought us together as a Nation,even if only for a Small time and people who lost there lives that day,Let us Never Forget!!!!

Since my last post, I made contact with 123 in Webster City, Iowa; 551 in Peterboro, Ontario; 185 in SE Michigan; 2117 N of Toronto, Ontario and 806 in Wisconsin. The skip has been exceptional this morning. The only problem has been the pile up on 38 LSB, so LSB 39 and LSB 37 have been the "go-to" frequencies.
Rick330man, your signal and audio was loud and proud here in Ontario, hope to make cantact again.
cheers!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated