• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11m WWDX member misbehaving ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
... do what we used to do to people like that wrap a chain around the antenna yank it down the road.

Tell them he's Crazy and you think he has a gun!

go over let the air out of his tires

or poor some sugar in his gas tank

mmmmm.png

Reactions: undertaker
Yep, we have a similar problem with unit 306 , Chris, out in Gilbert, Arizona. Suburb of Phoenix.
He uses extremely bad profanity and attacks everyone he doesn't personally know .......

There has been a similar situation happening here in the Atlanta Metro area for the past several years. A particular studious operator (P.S.O.) discovered his name and I have heard several times that the P.S.O played a recording naming this person by his God given name, home address, home telephone number, cell phone number, the offenders Spouse's cell phone number, the "A-Holes" place of work, what type of vehicle he drives and a couple of other particulars I can't recall at the moment but this procedure seems to put the "A-Hole" 10-7 for a month or so. All of this happens on AM (that I never transmit on..........but occasionally listen to).

For some people, alcohol and a microphone are a bad mix.

Good Luck Mike, I am sure we have all been through similar situations.

73's
David

P.S.
Do you have a cap kit for a Regency Range Gain? (not the Range Gain II) Given to me by a neighbor and needs to be back on the air!!

There is (was?) a group called the DOC which manages the frequencies here. They would most likely handle this the same way the FCC would; its a CB frequency, laugh it off and ignore. Unless IT was interfering with any commercial transmission, they wouldn't do any investigation.
Industry Canada is the branch you want. They have an office in Calgary and from what they told me take abuse of the spectrum seriously.

there is one tragic flaw that all of these CB trolls possess, and that is the compulsion to unkey the mic at some point and survey the havoc they assume they are causing.

I've seen it a million times. someone gets on the key and plays a tweety bird for 45 minutes straight, but eventually they will unkey for a minute or so.

that's the moment you strike back.
obviously there are many different forms this can take, but the one i have always found the most effective is to laugh at how badly their equipment performs.

if there is one thing a CBer is self conscious about, it's what they sound like on air.
if you can laugh haughtily and tell them that their mic is cutting out, or there is a loud hum in the background of their signal, etc, then you will usually find that they will be silent for a few minutes while they check everything, and that's when you really get going.

telling them how funny it is to see them running around their shack trying to figure out what is wrong, how laughable it is that someone with such a crappy radio setup would even bother trying to take over a channel, or how sad it is that you can only hear them when the channel gets quiet.

now here's the kicker, and the part that many find the most difficult.
turn your radio off. go do something else and let the troll do their worst.
this is how you get a guy to push his equipment past the point of no return.
His belief that you are still out there listening to him, but just won't respond anymore will drive him up the wall.

i have done this a few times and while it may or may not get rid of a troll, it provides some satisfaction that keeps the frustration down.

it is very funny to come back to the radio after an hour or two of doing something else, only to find this person still out there and hell bent on getting a response out of you.

im sure some of you will find this childish and stupid, and to that all i can say is,
i know you are but what am I. :D

LC

Industry Canada is the branch you want. They have an office in Calgary and from what they told me take abuse of the spectrum seriously.

There has been yet another change in the name. It is now called Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
I doubt they will get too riled up over something on 11m unless it impacts other bands but good luck.

... A particular studious operator (P.S.O.) discovered his name and I have heard several times that the P.S.O played a recording naming this person by his God given name, home address, home telephone number, cell phone number, the offenders Spouse's cell phone number, the "A-Holes" place of work, what type of vehicle he drives and a couple of other particulars I can't recall at the moment but this procedure seems to put the "A-Hole" 10-7 for a month or so.
P.S.
Do you have a cap kit for a Regency Range Gain? (not the Range Gain II) Given to me by a neighbor and needs to be back on the air!!
I do have similar information on this OP and use it when appropriate. Since I am the only other 11m operator in this area, other means are required. Thanks for sharing.

BTW; feel free to use the following contact information and let him know how you feel.

https://twitter.com/cdx304
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvqpfiM-cRs8cDivISz7VRw
linkedin.com/in/shaun-pasay-6b4353a2
email: cdx304@gmail.com

Re: Regency Range Gain. Unfortunately, no cap kit. To keep my inventory manageable, I do not stock high voltage or axial components.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

There has been yet another change in the name. It is now called Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada. I doubt they will get too riled up over something on 11m unless it impacts other bands but good luck.
Can the naming get any worse? At least "Dept. Of Communications" gave you a clue. I will follow up with this dept. and see where it leads.

... turn your radio off. go do something else and let the troll do their worst. ... im sure some of you will find this childish and stupid, and to that all i can say is,
i know you are but what am I. LC
All I could do with this OP was to use his real name and suggest he F-Off! and then walk away. This OP is so seriously F-up'd that I come back on air a month or 6 later, and he's sitting there waiting. This child (OP is too good for him) doesn't TX anything besides noise when I'm trying to make a contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.