• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any body need help after the storms?

Be Brave Red ! Spray it w/ a Garden hose take your shoes off & have @ it ! Just kidding of coarse :whistle::D.Everyone needs & adventure daily ! I really don't want them but... Everyday .:confused:

Reactions: Tallman
IN case anyone was watching for it...

Latest storm has had "Bombogenesis" occur

Puebelo Colordo Memorial Airport Weather readings. Note the date - the 13th on far left, and the 24-hour time format - and look far right for mb readings. Then scroll down to the 12th and look for current time 24 hours ago and note the mb pressure then - you can easily see the drop in pressure in the past 24-hours - more than 24mb to qualify for Bombogenesis

[URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explosive_cyclogenesis"] Heres a definition of what I'm talking about... [/URL]

"Bombogenesis".........The Handy Andy Word for The Day. Down here in the south .....we jus call it bad weather, an awl. But after reading the definition I can agree it don't sound good. Watching weather channel here and they predict arrival of conditions between 3pm and 11pm. Potential for strong gusts and twisters. .....excuse me, I need to go find my little dog before the Wicked Witch from the West arrives.

Was just reading about Killer French Chickens and Zombie Deer......now Bombogenesis.....when will it stop? Shhhh!!! Be very, very quiet. Those men in the little white suits are looking for me .....AGAIN!

Reactions: 357magnum
Well, just remember to adjust your altimeter properly - so that when you engage the Autopilot - you won't find yourself "slamming" into the ground when air pressure drops that quickly. For if you own such equipment (back in the days to get "height above sea-level") you needed to remember to trim that for the latest mb readings at your destination. Failing to do so and in IFR condition or MVFR (Marginal) - that pressure drop may make the plane fly at a lower altitude thinking the altimeter being set properly - slamming into objects you would normally be flying over - thinking it was at proper altitude simply by air pressure and "Dead reckoning" - can literally make you - er, dead. (Now we have GPS amongst other FAA-related stuff - takes all the fun away)

I was referring to the storm that Weather Channel calls Ulmer - is already rapidly evolving and had deepened the pressure readings in sereral areas in Colorado by several magnitudes. This is a really deep pressure low - similar to what Meterologists referred to in 2009 a Midwest Derecho that got called an Inland Hurricane. Several states were affected as well as the cities in the path of that storm got raked by it.

Although the Derecho of 2009 was not a pressure gradient issue, more like upper wind downdraft transfers - redirected airflow type of stuff - this low can do some considerable damage to open-free range cattle and other animals due to this type of development. The Blizzard you get may not be from just snow, if anything, more like debris kicked up and carried along by the wind.

This may be similar to the "You mow your grass and find your car" moniker, but in this case - "we went inside to wait out Ulmer and when it was over - we couldn't find our cars, they were replaced by everyone else's".

tumblr_mb1usvUbvE1rfvxe2o1_500.gif

Cheezy. - but effective

Reactions: Redbeard U812
Red , Killer French Chickens ? Are they like the Bunny from Monty Python's " Holy Grail " ?o_O

I swear I read it, then there was another article listed within Killer French Chickens titled Zombie Deer, I swear, feel free to google it or consult The Knights Who Say Ni......:rolleyes:

Reactions: 357magnum
They must have been " Isa Browns " I have a batch of them from TSC , but they only peck each other , never again Flighty :censored: holes ! My wife's fancy rooster's feathers on his arse picked clean & looks more like & orangutan than the Fancy Polish top hat or whatever you call him .:LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.