• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any body need help after the storms?

Man that is awful! Flooding is bad enough, but the chemical contamination is going to last for long time. My sympathies. I have boats but no way to get them there.

Reactions: 357magnum
Tall , same here . I haven't put my 12' alm . boat w/ 9.5 Johnson in the H2O in 20 years . My wife just asked me the other day to sell it ! Me..... Why ?:LOL:

Reactions: Tallman
Tall , same here . I haven't put my 12' alm . boat w/ 9.5 Johnson in the H2O in 20 years . My wife just asked me the other day to sell it ! Me..... Why ?:LOL:
I bought a 12 footer 20 years ago and the boat is so old it does not even have a data plate on it. No Horse power limit, no weight limit. I put my 15 HP on the back and started zipping along. I have to take my wife along to keep the front end down!(Ballast!)
Then last fall I bought another old 16' aluminum boat. Had to replace the transom wood got all of that done. It is almost water ready but I want to build my center console before I put it in the water.

20 mph ain't fast enough. You've seen the Bass Pros going 70+ mph.
I have also a 25 hp, 18 hp, 15hp, 10hp, and a 5hp. Guess which one has never been on my boat.

My Sea Fox w/ 300 Yamaha ... I had it going 65 mph , never tried any faster . A little wave hit the wrong way in the ocean taught me that !:whistle:

Usually it's the dilithium crystals that fail first. But a slinky is an exact OEM replacement for canoeing warp coils. Gotta tune those just right tho

Well, Guys, we are nearly completely cut off from almost every town around us these photos are unbelievable. The images below show what I believe is the current state around our little area as every road I can think of is under water to deep to get through even with my big ole 4x4.

viber image 2019-03-14 , 15.27.38.jpg
viber image 2019-03-15 , 11.11.15.jpg

We are west of Fremont and can only go into Fremont and at this very moment My wife and Sister in law are trying to get there Mother out of her trailer and moved to safety.

OldTech03, hope they get ya'll some help soon. That was caused by snow melt or rain? Where exactly are the pictures from? Fremont, OH.?

Last edited:
OldTech03, hope they get ya'll some help soon. That was caused by snow melt or rain?

Well although we had plenty of snow on the ground we also had plenty of rain and of course the river ice jams didn't help and there are several dams and other flood control issues that could only be alleviated by opening the flood gates which didn't help either but it was handled the best it could be handled.

All roads out of fremont are closed. Several evacuations as I type this. Levee broke just south of us. Platte River is just 1\2 mile from my home.

All roads out of fremont are closed. Several evacuations as I type this. Leave broke just south of us. Platte River is just 1\2 mile from my home.
Yea it's going to get just a bit worse before it gets better. I was right in the middle of the floods on the East coast back in the 70's when the Susquehanna river went from being a foot deep and a mile wide to 44 feet deep and 6 miles wide.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.