• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone Ares 2

How's the noise floor? Does it compare with other radios you have on the same antenna? When you adjust the clarifier does it give some sort of + or - indication on the channel display (like the Q5N2 does?)
Noise floor is good, seems quieter than my President McKinley EU. Clarifier is by ear.

I will say it is very easy to use, it’s like using a classic radio that has the newer features. They did a good job of making the features accessible without making the radio complicated. I think that will appeal to a lot of users.

swr on the ch indicator when you tx is pretty cool. the mic does menu functions etc so i wonder how easy it is to put a regular mic on it (astatic etc)? i want one

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
The noise reduction on tx is a noise gate, I believe. The Stryker 955 and KPO DX5000 both have the noise gate, which is why I think this. Works great if you have a fan running in the background, cuts it out completely. Have not tried it mobile, but I bet it would work great there too.

Reactions: TIN_CAN
hopefully someone figures out how to get into and the functions of the service menu soon as well so the output power can be adjusted and the modulation/deviation can be adjusted as well.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
The noise reduction on tx is a noise gate, I believe. The Stryker 955 and KPO DX5000 both have the noise gate, which is why I think this. Works great if you have a fan running in the background, cuts it out completely. Have not tried it mobile, but I bet it would work great there too.

Have you received yours yet? still waiting for mine to ship from the Alibaba.

I've now read about 5 differant forums and everyone has said the same thing that the radio should have had a frequency counter in it like pretty much all radios now have. Pretty dumb radio the way it is no matter the TX or RX.

Reactions: L2
No, it's basically the same NRC as the AT5555Nii - RX and TX NRC, adjustable from level 1-5. (The best type).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated