• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

Thank you Pez.
Yes, use it when you need it. I find that I rarely ever use mine. Only in a few circumstances have I felt that I needed to turn on the NB. I've actually gotten to the point of forgetting it's even there. The Hi Cut and NR seems to take care of most issues.

Reactions: Pez
Anyone figure out if you can increase the RX & TX bandwidth on the 5555N II's like you can on the Stryker 955v2? Engineering menu option maybe?
The service menu items exist, however I don't believe they do anything in the Nii's?

TX BPF and RX BPF are both set at 00000. I believe that they are either hard coded in the firmware, or, limited by the hardware filters. (Either way, there is no need to change this as the radio is very well balanced at just under 3kHz as it is - unless you are wanting to play ESSB or something, of course.)

Are you sure these BPF settings actually do anything in the 955v2???

The service menu items exist, however I don't believe they do anything in the Nii's?

TX BPF and RX BPF are both set at 00000. I believe that they are either hard coded in the firmware, or, limited by the hardware filters. (Either way, there is no need to change this as the radio is very well balanced at just under 3kHz as it is - unless you are wanting to play ESSB or something, of course.)

Are you sure these BPF settings actually do anything in the 955v2???
No, I'm not certain what the settings are actually doing on the 955v2, just that initially it was advertised that you could bring TX/RX out to 4k. Could be that it's more of an EQ - which I personally would still like to have.

I've been using Amateur HF transceivers & SDRs for years so I much prefer a fuller/wider receive than what most of these Qixiang radios have. The RX audio on these radios (not just the 5555 NII, but similar exports) sounds "thin" and obviously lacking in low-end.

Anytone states N II SSB receive is 450-2500hz. That'd explain what I'm hearing.

Reactions: Brother DXer
On my 955 v2, both the rx and tx filters seem to do what they are supposed to do. I can tell it makes a difference in the receive and when I listen to my monitor radio, I can hear the transmit difference. I don't know if they are actually 4k, but the difference is there.
I don't have a V2 955. What are the settings and do you know if the same ones are available on the 5555N II?

I don't have a V2 955. What are the settings and do you know if the same ones are available on the 5555N II?
The 5555Nii has a TX BPF and RX BPF setting, but they are both set at 00000.

I will adjust and test these tonight, and let you know the results.

Anytone states N II SSB receive is 450-2500hz. That'd explain what I'm hearing.
Mine is wider than that. Around 300 -2700 and sounds very well balanced.

On my 955 v2, both the rx and tx filters seem to do what they are supposed to do. I can tell it makes a difference in the receive and when I listen to my monitor radio, I can hear the transmit difference. I don't know if they are actually 4k, but the difference is there.
What were the default settings on a 955v2? And what did you change them too?

The 5555Nii has a TX BPF and RX BPF setting, but they are both set at 00000.

I will adjust and test these tonight, and let you know the results.

Mine is wider than that. Around 300 -2700 and sounds very well balanced.

What were the default settings on a 955v2? And what did you change them too?
The 955 has this in the regular function menu. I am not sure what it has in the service menu.

Well, what do you know!

I can confirm that the RX BPF setting in the AT-5555Nii service menu DOES actually work. These are crude tests, but close enough! (The green marker in the images below shows the approximate passband edges. Also, the frequency the radio uses when adjusting these settings is 27.205).

A setting of 00000 (Default) provides approximately 280Hz to 2800Hz of audio bandwidth on SSB.

1.jpg

2.jpg

With a RX BPF setting of 00255 (Maximum), the RX audio bandwidth is approximately 270Hz to 3700Hz

3.jpg

4.jpg

FYI, the impact of the NR (Noise Reduction) does change when you alter the RX BPF - I found that my normal setting of RXNR 2 was better at level 3 at the wider RX.

Personally, I wont be running mine wider, I LOVE the RX audio from my AT-5555Nii at default RX BPF settings and RXNR at 2.

I have not yet properly tested the TX BPF, however the default value of 00000 provides 'around' 3000Hz of TX audio. In the settings menu, increasing the TX BPF also increases the TX output power in test mode - so something is a bit strange around this setting... More investigation and testing is needed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the testing & info, Pez! That's encouraging. I wonder why they choose not to add much lower end frequencies when you widen up the receive? I guess to make receive more intelligible. I would prefer a low end closer to 100hz but hey, at least this is something! Opening up the low end response may require the standard capacitance changes required on other radios.

So on Q5N2, to access service menu, you hold in menu and mode buttons and then power up radio, then push sequentially the next 6 buttons to enter service menu. That works fine for me. Then turn channel selector knob to cycle through menu items. Works fine for me. The part I'm not figuring here is how to enter into a specific menu item and make changes. If Im on, lets say for example AMlowpower, how do I get into that to make changes. If I push the channel knob, it does not enter into AMlowpower, it just goes to next menu item. Ive tried lots of different buttons and held channel knob in for longer etc, but nothing gets me into a specific menu choice to make a change. Maybe it's just too obvious for my worn out old brain. Can anyone help me here?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.