• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

Unfortunately, I don't have the mic to test with but I am pretty sure someone else here or on YouTube mentioned that you can change the NRC level with just the config button - you don't need the up/down buttons to do it - I think it was a YouTube video that has been taken down. (Yes, I know the manual says to use the up/down buttons for that).

Hold the config button down to get into "programing" mode, then push the config button again (you may have to hold it down a bit) to cycle through the NRC levels (it only goes 1 direction). Once you get to the level you want, key the mic to save the setting.

If someone that has the mic would confirm that, I would appreciate it.

If that is true, you can then cut the trace to the non grounded pins on the up/down buttons, add the resistors, and it will work 100% of the time on a Q6/CRT9900.

Unfortunately, I don't have the mic to test with but I am pretty sure someone else here or on YouTube mentioned that you can change the NRC level with just the config button - you don't need the up/down buttons to do it - I think it was a YouTube video that has been taken down. (Yes, I know the manual says to use the up/down buttons for that).

Hold the config button down to get into "programing" mode, then push the config button again (you may have to hold it down a bit) to cycle through the NRC levels (it only goes 1 direction). Once you get to the level you want, key the mic to save the setting.

If that is true, you can then cut the trace to the non grounded pins on the up/down buttons, add the resistors, and it will work 100% of the time on a Q6/CRT9900.
You can turn the radio nr from the radio menu and select via radio buttons. You can use the mic to change selections but don't have to that way.

I have to look at the traces again. I think switches have one trace to the ground and that signal is used for channel change and when nrc is activated it uses same trace for NRC. If that's the case I can set nrc for level I like and then remove the leg from the board and add the resistors so the switches are used only for channels, NRC would be disabled. Thanks for helping. I can provide pictures of the board front and back if you want to see it.

You can turn the radio nr from the radio menu and select via radio buttons. You can use the mic to change selections but don't have to that way.
My bad. I think I am confusing people. I said NRC, but I meant the NR on the mic. The NR level on the mic can be changed just using the mic middle config switch - you don't have to use the mic up/down buttons to do that.

My bad. I think I am confusing people. I said NRC, but I meant the NR on the mic. The NR level on the mic can be changed just using the config switch - you don't have to use the mic up/down buttons to do that.
interesting, I check that today. that would make sense. cool. let you know.

interesting, I check that today. that would make sense. cool. let you know.
nope, NRC function button when activated won't change nrc mode I have to use up down switches to change nrc levels. Soon or later we will come up with the solution

Reactions: Dr_DX
Per Channel Modes? Per Channel HI-CUT, NR, NB, Echo, Rodger Beep? YES!

i made a discovery using the K band bank for custom channels. K band has 39 channels. i was using Band K's ch 40 (K40 heh) for VFO. the other 39 i have 27.400+ in 5KHz steps. anyway, i noticed 40 could be independent on Mode, NR, & NB. why? :unsure:

using the QX5555N_II software i compared them. &Channel Information> shows the following options greyed out for channel 39. which is a stock setting. (besides the frequency change of course)

AT-5555N_II-Public_On.png

what made 40 different?

AT-5555N_II-Public_Off.png

it's the 'Public' option. IMO a better name would be 'Global'. i.e. toggle the NB on a global channel, and it would toggle for all of them. with non 'Public' (global) channels it is on a per channel basis. that is my understanding of anyway. :X3:

so i immediately changed ('Public' to OFF) Band D Channels 16, & 36 through 40 to LSB. now i can tune AM, AND LSB channels just by hitting the channel buttons. no more having to hit the Mode button. scannning AM, and LSB at the same time is now possible! WOO HOO!

hope this helps others enjoy their radios a bit more.
/max

Could anyone verify wether the Stryker 955 programming cable
Will work on an Anytone AT-5555N II - or not?

Thank you!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.