1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Apologies

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Bandit1, May 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

I thought they kept the 389 all the way up to 1970. They might have dropped it before they had to go for emissions control. I don't know all of what Pontiac had to offer, I am a Chevy guy. Back in the early 70's I got on a kick for Ford T birds. It was kinda of where my head was at back then. Luxury and performance was not a bad idea.

357magnum and old goat 321 like this.

2. old goat 321

old goat 321 Well-Known Member

Sure, great days. I had a thing for the Pontiac GP. Monte Carlos were nice too

357magnum likes this.
  3. Tallman

I liked the Buick Grand Nationals. Dinky little six cylinder engine that was a real fire breathing dragon. I helped a guy hack his computer and showed him what all of the code meant.
    First I had to down load the eprom and then ran that file through a disassembler which converted it to text files. After he did his mods to the text files I then ran it through a compiler and then uploaded it back into the eprom. His first run he pulled the front wheels and made his best run he ever made.

4. snow bird

snow bird Active Member

1960- 389 came out In 1964 late year 421 in a Grand Prix Have one in my 64 its 4 in the floor T- 10. 536 pose track 1100 holly 3 barrel 550 lift crane It still runs as it should . Gas Tires Oil Ha Ha

S&W357, 357magnum and Tallman like this.
  5. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

I will make a mental note of this for when I buy a GN, don’t try to tell me you can’t do it either. You’re too much of a smart ass to me, you’ve not forgotten anything.

357magnum and Tallman like this.
  6. kopcicle

kopcicle Sr. Member

L2293F, Offenhauser 2x4 5908, list# 3220 Hollys reworked for 4 corner idle and near 600 CFM. stage wedge heads, 383 RB block, Crane fireball cam 294 duration and 496 lift, alloy A-833, 9" Mark Williams 4.33:1, Strange axles, mono leaf relocated, alloy radiator, 18v ignition system, aluminum fresh air hood. All in a '68 Belvedere/RoadRunner/GTX.

10.40's @ 126 mph (all the aerodynamics of your average barn door)

Real hard on clutches.

** and I'm a bow tie guy, go figure.

TheRATT, S&W357, 357magnum and 2 others like this.
  7. Tallman

So I take it you are going to abandon the "Land Speeder?" I can't keep it here especially with the Woodford Reserve on hand. The neighborhood really frowns when I start doing burnouts and doughnuts all over the place.
    (I do not not drink)

#52 Tallman, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    357magnum likes this.
  8. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

No I stole that from the Rebel scum and Obi Wan would love to get his hands on it but never will. I’ll burn it and collect the insurance before I let him get it back.

How awesome would I look in a black Grand National with my helmet freshly polished? I need to get my helmet glazed and my chest plate LEDs freshened up.

Damn, you and me ruin everything.

TheRATT, 357magnum and Tallman like this.
  9. Tallman

The T-10 had a nick name "The Rock Crusher." The one gear box if you missed a shift your synchronizers were still good. I had the close ratio 4 speed, 1st through 3 gear did not drop the engine more than 1800 rpm. 4th gear was almost an overdrive in comparison. It would drop the engine rpm by around 2100 rpm.
    I knew I had a good run when 4th gear was close to red line as I crossed the finish line.
    The maximum speed for the car was 149.6 mph but it would get there in one hell of a hurry.

10. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Tall , those Buick Grand Nat's are bring some Big $'s Now ! Yes ! They were Fire Breathing Dragons ! And think about it ? They really ( back then ) didn't have that whole " Turbo " thing figured out . They were still in the early stages for auto's . Imagine how they would run with the New Modern Turbo's ? One word .... Wow ! Kop , those Mopars were always hard on clutches / tranny's ! Friend I raced with weekly had a 440 in a Dodge Omni it left hard wheels in the air but 1 pass ( or 2-3 ) 1 four speed shattered . Put & auto w/ trans brake .... Problem solved .

11. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

This whole 389 thing has me Baffled ! I need to do more research ! According to what I found via " Google " they don't list a " 389 " as a motor option in a 67' GTO , I call BS on that ! I've seen one & know who has one w/ Factory 6 pack . They list the "400" as the motor available & 326 ( I think ) . Something ain't smelling right w / " Google " !:LOL::whistle::confused:o_O

old goat 321 likes this.
  12. Riverman

Riverman Part-time Member

I must really be losin' it.
    I thought this thread was originated by someone with "ghost" in their username. I even replied to him as such in Post #3.
    Now when I look, it says Bandit. (n) And the avatar is different as well.
    If it was Bandit from the start, I need to sign out and go sit in a dark closet. o_O

357magnum and S&W357 like this.
  13. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

cb matrix.jpg

357magnum and Riverman like this.
  14. Riverman

Riverman Part-time Member

That would explain it. :D

357magnum likes this.
  15. S&W357

S&W357 Sr. Member

Uhhh...yeh I'm right there trying to figure it out as well. Maybe it never really took place or maybe the original OP "ghost something" really is/was a ghost but is now inhabiting the body (?) of a being known as "Bandit" :confused:

I think I'll go feed the chickens now.

old goat 321, 357magnum and Riverman like this.