• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks site UPDATES/THREAD MERGERS

You can use HTTrack to copy a whole website to a local directory. Takes a while, though, and it's not recommended for slow machines, slow internet connections, or small hard drives.

This page has download links for Windows, Linux, and others.

Thanks But I don't want DL a whole site. The dot org site works but is missing some some links. Shock wav posted a bunch of missing data and I'm trying to figure out how to copy or download those files or insert them where they go, but so far I don't see how to.
Its not just copying the files, its mirroring the structure so that when you click on links, they work. You can use a program called HTTrack (TM86 just beat me to it) using one of the current mirrors that are available online, but your mirror will only be as good as the site you are mirroring - broken links and all.

HTTrack is fairly easy to use with some basic setup, like telling it what file extensions to include and exclude (pdf, for instance, as it is not in the defaults) and things lke mirroring depth, both internal and external to the URL. One of the reasons none of the mirrors from CBTricks includes the forum content is because for that to work, you need to have HTTrack use your forum credentials and set it to exclude links that log you out. One day I hope the person that did that will show up here.

Your other option is to grab a copy that someone else is willing to share. In that case, you would access it by clicking on the index file which opens the mirrored/local site in your default browser so you can navigate it like it was the real site. I have it on my hard drive and keep a bookmark tab to it in my browser toolbar.

Thanks But I don't want DL a whole site. The dot org site works but is missing some some links. Shock wav posted a bunch of missing data and I'm trying to figure out how to copy or download those files or insert them where they go, but so far I don't see how to.
Look, I'm using a phone and not that much memory left on it. All I want is the files that Shockwav posted above. Those files work when I click on them here, but I don't want to have to access them here, want to move them or download or export or copy or whatever. If he was able to post the files above and the work, why can't I grab and move to some other location like the the cbtricks site or to my homepage as an icon link or something that I can access with out having to come here to access them. I tried to download and it looked like something was downloading but I canceled because I didn't understand what the "1m, 2m, 3m, 4m, so forth and so on, was? What is "m"? It wasn't "mb"....was it minutes? It got up to 17 when I canceled. There was a downloaded file of some kind and when I clicked it, it said offline files, so I went offline and attempted to open the file but it didn't work. When I'm online, I can click the link Shockwav left or what ever was downloaded and it opens those files but they are still here. How can I link to those files without coming here 1st. Why did Shockwav put the link and the files here in the 1st place? Oh, wait a min, duh, maybe all I have to do is copy the link url, which I believe I saw in the the submenu. I'll bet that how you do it. Ahhl be back, lol.

Look, I'm using a phone and not that much memory left on it. All I want is the files that Shockwav posted above. Those files work when I click on them here, but I don't want to have to access them here, want to move them or download or export or copy or whatever. If he was able to post the files above and the work, why can't I grab and move to some other location like the the cbtricks site or to my homepage as an icon link or something that I can access with out having to come here to access them. I tried to download and it looked like something was downloading but I canceled because I didn't understand what the "1m, 2m, 3m, 4m, so forth and so on, was? What is "m"? It wasn't "mb"....was it minutes? It got up to 17 when I canceled. There was a downloaded file of some kind and when I clicked it, it said offline files, so I went offline and attempted to open the file but it didn't work. When I'm online, I can click the link Shockwav left or what ever was downloaded and it opens those files but they are still here. How can I link to those files without coming here 1st. Why did Shockwav put the link and the files here in the 1st place? Oh, wait a min, duh, maybe all I have to do is copy the link url, which I believe I saw in the the submenu. I'll bet that how you do it. Ahhl be back, lol.
Ok, so that worked. I now have a link saved that hopefully I can transfer to my homepage with an icon. It takes me to those files Shockwave posted here. I wonder if he had to use that site Downloader to get those files or some other way. I guess having a link to this page with those missing files is as good as anything short of getti getting them back onto the cbtricks site but I know I can't do that. I don't really understand why you were advising me to download that site Downloader to download the whole site, when the site already works by simply clicking link "cbtricks.org". Why download whats already there and accessible? (which most likely I couldn't do with this phone anyway). Shockwave was good enough to post the files. I just wanted to get them available and I didn't think at 1st to just copy the url to it.

They DO work! They work right here on wwdx when I click on them. So I clicked on his link and copied the url to a notes app and tried it and it works just fine

I don't really understand why you were advising me to download that site Downloader to download the whole site, when the site already works by simply clicking link "cbtricks.org". Why download whats already there and accessible?
...because you made it sound like thats what you wanted to do in post #612

Thats usually what people want when they say that.

My mirror does contain the datasheets and the symptoms and cures sections that I know are missing from cbtricks.org if anyone needs them

The content that is hosted here was done by Mole and Gary, they spent a lot of time uploading the content, but it will be preserved here.
I really don't ever see the old info from the forum coming back.
It is like the Panther Electronics Forum that John used to host, that group was a bunch of outstanding radio techs and there was a wealth of info posted there.
Firebreather, John, Richard, Nomad, Russ and more that I don't remember any more, sad to see that one go as well.

Jeff

When they say what? I thought all I said wanted were those files that Shockwav posted above. It took me awhile but finally I realized all I needed to do is copy the url that's available to do in the submenu of his link. I never said anything about wanting to copy the cb tricks site. Why would I even want to do that when it's already available by going to cbtricks.org. In fact the 1st thing I did today was I posted that link to possibly help the poster whom I rcvd his email today about having problems with the cbtricks site. I quickly found that cbtricks.co and cbtricks.org both appeared to be working so I posted those links thinking it migbt be of help to him. I didn't realize yet, that those sites were missing data. I was told that and then Shockwav posted those files. I checked the and they worked just fine so I began to ask how to capture same. Eventually, i figured out how to save the page with the links and files. Now I've been trying to figure out how to get just those files as an icon link on my homepage on the phone. It's probably easy to do but I was trying to use the widget function. Thanks for your advice. Sorry you misunderstood me.

Reactions: brandon7861
When they say what? I thought all I said wanted were those files that Shockwav posted above. It took me awhile but finally I realized all I needed to do is copy the url that's available to do in the submenu of his link. I never said anything about wanting to copy the cb tricks site. Why would I even want to do that when it's already available by going to cbtricks.org. In fact the 1st thing I did today was I posted that link to possibly help the poster whom I rcvd his email today about having problems with the cbtricks site. I quickly found that cbtricks.co and cbtricks.org both appeared to be working so I posted those links thinking it migbt be of help to him. I didn't realize yet, that those sites were missing data. I was told that and then Shockwav posted those files. I checked the and they worked just fine so I began to ask how to capture same. Eventually, i figured out how to save the page with the links and files. Now I've been trying to figure out how to get just those files as an icon link on my homepage on the phone. It's probably easy to do but I was trying to use the widget function. Thanks for your advice. Sorry you misunderstood me.
Yes, I misunderstood you. Sorry.

No problem...
No problem. Aporcjat
No problem. Appreciate
No problem. Appreciate you tried to help. Now, for some reason, I can't seem to get the link up on my homepage. It's easy to put up a link to wwdx but I can't seem get that page on there. I have the link saved but can't stick it on my homepage.
Does the way back machine go back far enough to get all the content?
My thought would be you need to go "way fwd", not back, in order to get the latest info.... Anyway, why bother, why don't you just go to the cbtricks website?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.