• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRT SS 7900V Turbo (latest version) Service Mode? (And more tricks)...

Ok, have any of you tried to use the crt ss 7900 version 1 software on the new crt ss 7900v turbo? I am wondering. If this software will work because it has in the software the Rissi settings. I haven't tried it because I am still waiting for my programming cable to arrive. It could be that the software will not work because of the programing differences, and it doesn't match. Just a guess.

I got my Tiny SA's from the official seller on AliExpress called "Zeenko Store".
If you are interested in a SA for other things as well, and you can justify the purchase, the "TinySA Ultra" is the one to have.

Regarding 7900 software versions, you will need to use the correct version of software for your specific radio version. However, the software version makes no difference to your S meter - that is set in firmware, and the software does not change these settings at all.

I got my Tiny SA's from the official seller on AliExpress called "Zeenko Store".
If you are interested in a SA for other things as well, and you can justify the purchase, the "TinySA Ultra" is the one to have.

Regarding 7900 software versions, you will need to use the correct version of software for your specific radio version. However, the software version makes no difference to your S meter - that is set in firmware, and the software does not change these settings at all.

Thank you so much for directing me to the right place and equipment. Also, thanks for your experience with trying the different software for different models of this radio. It will save me the time of learning what you had already tried.

Reactions: Pez
I will most likely not get my programming cable for another 2 weeks. There is one thing I have noticed that my radio has but the software doesn't have. My radio the CRT SS 7900V TURBO made in 2023 it has bands A to L. The software version 2. only has A to J Has anyone noticed this difference? I wonder why the manufacture hasn't fixed this in their software.

I will most likely not get my programming cable for another 2 weeks. There is one thing I have noticed that my radio has but the software doesn't have. My radio the CRT SS 7900V TURBO made in 2023 it has bands A to L. The software version 2. only has A to J Has anyone noticed this difference? I wonder why the manufacture hasn't fixed this in their software.
This is another firmware thing... Does your radio have a 5kHz step option in the menu? If not, it is an older version of firmware. Because CRT are jerks, they will not release the firmware update - you will have to return the radio to them, (or maybe a dealer) to have it updated if you want the latest firmware.

Hi

Does anyone have reports of clipping Audio on the 7900V Turbo. I am having local station comment that my audio is clipping. similar to if I was running a cheap power amp but all is standard. I keep my power circa half way and mic gain is set to 32. Tried reducing but no difference.

Hi

Does anyone have reports of clipping Audio on the 7900V Turbo. I am having local station comment that my audio is clipping. similar to if I was running a cheap power amp but all is standard. I keep my power circa half way and mic gain is set to 32. Tried reducing but no difference.
Step 1 is get more reports for other people. The 7900V at those settings would normally be very clean. (It might be the local station with an RX problem).

Reactions: undertaker and TM86
Hi

Try listening to your transmit audio with another radio. I use a 5555 with headphones and no antenna as a station monitor to listen to my transmit audio. I do a quick check every time I power up just in case something changed.

Dear friends,
happy new year to you and to your families!! I was wondering if there is any way to make custom usb cable for ss7900v. Another thing maybe a bug or something, is that when i change to vfo and change the frequency, then this frequency is stored into channel memory!! Unbelievable. When you are in vfo you must be in vfo, and when you are in memory mode you are in memory. I cant understand why change the memory from vfo..

Thanks in advance
Andrew

I had to order my cable off of the UK Ebay. I could not find it for sale in the USA. The radio dealer said he had too much trouble with customs to sell the cable. I ordered my cable a week ago and I have not heard anything about where it is. All I know is the person I ordered from said expect 2 to 4 weeks for delivery.

I had to order my cable off of the UK Ebay. I could not find it for sale in the USA. The radio dealer said he had too much trouble with customs to sell the cable. I ordered my cable a week ago and I have not heard anything about where it is. All I know is the person I ordered from said expect 2 to 4 weeks for delivery.
Do you have usb to ttl converter?
I made a custom cable with this converter at no cost.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.