• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRT SS 7900V Turbo (latest version) Service Mode? (And more tricks)...

I had sent an email to CRT IN FRANCE about the software not matching the banks on the radio. That has been about a week ago. I do not think they are going to respond back. The software only provides A --J but the radio made in 2023 CRT SS 7900v TURBO, has A --L

Ok, I got my programming cable in today and everything as far as the cable and drivers work and you can program the radio via software. Now here is the problem. AS I had said before the software version 2 CRT SS 7900V TURBO made in 2023 has only A to Z My radio is A to L. But here is my problem. When I download from the software it disables the band button. When you push band button it shows ERROR. So, when I change from frequency to channel it goes to memory and I did not program anything in the memory. So, I thought I would just download from the software as it is designed from CRT. Well, it does the same thing. So, what I did. I reset the radio back to factory. Now the band button is doing what it is supposed to. I guess I will have to wait for CRT to fix their software and correct it or wait for some other company to design software for this radio and get it done right. Sorry, this is a long post I hope I explained the problems correctly. By the way, still no answer from CRT on the email I had sent. One last question. Has anyone run into this problem that I have explained? Thank you all for your patience with this ole radio operator and may God Bless.

Reactions: Keto
Here is an update on my last post and what I had learned. The band button is only disabled when the radio is in MEMORY MODE. to get the band button to work all that has to be done is push quickly the memory button. This will put the radio out of MEMORY and back to the band's selection. This was my mistake I had made, and I wanted everyone to know what I was doing wrong. SORRY CRT not your fault. God Bless to all from this ole radio operator.

Crt has updated the CRT SS 7900v turbo version 2 latest models' software to match all the bands the new version has. This was done about a week ago. Go to BELLS CB RADIO SITE and download the latest software there. Thank you, CRT.
The one I own was bought Christmas 2023, is this update required for my model or is it most likely a higher version than the v2?

Hello,
I am newly registered and was looking for information about the 7900V.
I found a lot here. Thank you ...

I'm very happy with my CRT900V. I'm just thinking about increasing my performance on FM a little. It currently shows about 40 watts..
Many greetings from Germany

Werner

Reactions: Eldorado828
Hello everyone...

I now have service mode.
Which buttons do I have to press to change the value?
If I press the channel switch, it goes one step further to FMPOWL

Pressing the channel as it is in the menu doesn't work.IMG_2100.jpg

I would assume you use the channel selector to scroll through the menu, then stopping on the value you want to change, you key the mic and turn the channel knob to increase or decrease the desired value. Release the key and move on. But, I could be wrong. I don't have one of these.

Reactions: WL955
I would assume you use the channel selector to scroll through the menu, then stopping on the value you want to change, you key the mic and turn the channel knob to increase or decrease the desired value. Release the key and move on. But, I could be wrong. I don't have one of these.
that was exactly it. Thank you for the tip !

Reactions: Greg T
Hi all, I see many comments about CRT not responding. Not good as I just sent them a note. I wonder if anyone here can help with a specific issue. My year old 7900v Turbo has stopped keying up. RX remains. It's not the mic or connector at fault. I suspected software issue so reset and issue remains. I see there is a 'boot' key sequence which I may try. Before this I wonder if anyone has had a similar problem? Even better a solution?

Hi all, I see many comments about CRT not responding. Not good as I just sent them a note. I wonder if anyone here can help with a specific issue. My year old 7900v Turbo has stopped keying up. RX remains. It's not the mic or connector at fault. I suspected software issue so reset and issue remains. I see there is a 'boot' key sequence which I may try. Before this I wonder if anyone has had a similar problem? Even better a solution?

That is not a common problem. It is unlikely to be a firmware issue, (but it is not impossible).

Have you been using an aftermarket mic on this radio?

FYI, the BOOT menu is only for loading new firmware. Entering than mode wont do anything to help you unfortunately.

Assuming you are in 26 division, IF CRT ever respond to you, they might be able to help if you are lucky.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.