1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Fcc Warning To Pirates

Discussion in 'FCC Activity' started by kaos513, Jun 25, 2019.

1. dave457

dave457 Sr. Member

If they can't pay don't they usaly put garnisment on all future earnings and tax refunds and the like?

2. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

The FCC can't come to your house and start confiscating stuff, or freeze your bank account. It lacks that direct authority. That's why they took Stephen to court. When someone defies the FCC's demands it goes to federal court. From there it fell into permanent limbo. The FCC never requested another hearing after the one they lost.

3. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Starting to think FCC enforcement now is like our ( RI ) Coast Guard Auxiliary , bunch of old guys ( like myself ) riding around on the back of a boat w/ badges harassing people with no out come . jmo :whistle:;):D That's a Good Thing !:)

4. DainBramage

DainBramage Well-Known Member

Once a FO (forfeit order) has been issued and payment is not made, the issue is turned over to the federal collection agency and is treated the same as any monies owed the the federal govt.

Bank accounts, income monies,...any current/future asset can be seized as payment.

5. Rick330man

Rick330man Well-Known Member

Holding a landlord responsible for a tenant's violations of FCC regulations seems like quite a stretch. A landlord who is complicit is one thing, but I doubt most landlords would have a clue whether any illegal activity was taking place on premises they rented.

Shockwave, AudioShockwav, L2 and 2 others like this.
  6. Road Squawker

Road Squawker Sr. Member

If they were MY tenants, the first thing I would do is to file a complaint with the FCC , including mentioning how many times I have told them to stop the illegal operations;)

7. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

Can they garnish welfare checks? :)

AudioShockwav likes this.
  8. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

Sneaky little guy, ain’t he?

357magnum likes this.
  9. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

They have fallen short on this more times than I can count.
    I say this because I have seen FCC NAL's and forfeiture orders issued and then fade away.
    My personal feeling is that if they don't see a situation were there is a substantial amount of assets to grab, it is not worth it.
    Jeff

10. AudioShockwav

Staff Member

Or social security payments?

Jeff

11. AudioShockwav

Staff Member

This is a typical FCC tactic.
    When they have difficulty with enforcing through there own inadequate rules they try to find a way to " run around" the problem.
    It has come back to bite them in the ass before.
    By now most of you have probably figured out the I have little love for the FCC.
    To me they are a government agency that fails to serve the public interest well at all and often just sell out to the highest bidder.
    They listen little to those they should serve and listen intently to those that have large commercial interests.
    $$$$$$$$$$
    Jeff

Shockwave and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  12. Rick330man

Rick330man Well-Known Member

This is going to seem like splitting hairs, but there is a difference between power granted an agency by statute by Congress and the authority the agency then tries to "interpret" for itself out of that grant of congressional authority via self-serving rules. To the average person it doesn't make a difference. When a big brother agency is coming after you - whether it is under some statute or some rule - it is coming after you and you've got to defend yourself. What many folks get really upset about is when they realize an agency is using its rule-drafting or its rule interpreting authority to give itself powers that go way too far. It happens. And, unfortunately, agency (oftentimes self-serving) interpretations of rules are granted great (too much) deference. Judges and courts rarely step in to keep them in line.

People nowadays do not realize how much of their freedom has been written away or how flagrantly their basic rights have been trampled by bureaucrats rarely held accountable. If you or I threatened someone under circumstances where we had no basis to do so, there would be a potential price to pay. We might even risk being criminally prosecuted for extortion or assault. Those entrusted with carrying out the law should (1) be held to no lesser a standard and (2) stay within the bounds of their actual authority.

My .02.