• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Hate This New Site!!!

Not very hot on the new site, either....and I have commercial broadband access. So, speed is not an issue with me; I just don't care for the layout.

That being said, I appreciate the hard work the staff puts into this site. I just personally don't like the new layout.

Reactions: mb91w126
There, I said it ... let the floodgates open. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I know what change is all about. I work in IT and I do it to users everyday. This is not a good change. Who's benefiting here? As a "user", there are no benefits. Finding information is more difficult and sluggish performance make for a bad experience. As an example, Transmission1 in the UK did a recent upgrade. That one works. This one does not. 5 thumbs down.
Well,I guess some of us were expecting purple unicorns or something like that. It's sort of like your wife rearranging the furniture. Once you figure where everything is again then ...

To PM someone simply click on their name anywhere you see it and a window will open. Choose "Start a conversation" to PM them. it just a matter of semantics. If you send someone a private message you in fact start a conversation with them. It's just a difference in wording. that's what is written into the software.

When you click the word "REPLY" in a post it automatically quotes that post. if you simply want to post without quoting then enter your text at the bottom of the page to the right of your avatar and click on the "post reply" button in the bottom right corner.

Yep I agree to some degree about coming to grips with the new style. The shock is wearing off a bit but it will never be the same as it was. Just asking a legit question, what makes people change something that works really well? Is it finance? is it a drop in membership? is there a ratings system like in the television and radio market? Not just here but corporate America in General. What makes people want to change? Apples and oranges comparison I know but look at radio shack for example. Times changed and radio shack made a drastic move trying to change with the times and look where it got them. here is a way out in left field comparison but I remember when the hee haw tv show tried to change with the times back in the late eighties. Went from country to whatever it was they tried to change too and it was a disaster. yes change is good sometimes. Sometimes not so good. A year from now we'll forget what the old site was like but for now I wish it was back myself but I will adapt. But then again I haven't recovered from ford changing the truck body style in 1980. One of the worst moves ford ever made but like someone said change is just a fact of life like it or not.

Like to see . . .

The original WWRF logo and LARGER than what is there now. Dinky!

Who is reading the thread that used to be found at the bottom of the page - remember? Just to know who is reading it besides me.

The 'New Post' page has a horizontal layout. That works. Like to see the main forum page the same way.
Oh yeah; as soon as you read or post something from the New Post page, go back to the main forum page, refresh the page, and then go back o the New Post page, that item is no longer found.
WHY?
Not cool . . .
makes it very difficult to find again!

Does the DX chat, online users, and admins online really need to be on thread pages??? Howabout nothing in the right hand column? In fact, that would also give it a horizontal look - much like the original forum, as well as making it easier for those who view by phone too - eh?

These things will bring back - at least - some semblance of the original forum. Call it a comfort level - or whatever - but can they be done?

I chose the light blue background and it is an improvement.

Thanks to Mole and the Admins (sounds like the name for a ska band?) for still making adjustments.
images

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil'Yeshua

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated