• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Uniden 980's on sale

View attachment 31931

$175 for a 75W Uniden 980
Is dat an Astatic D104M6B hooked up in that picture?

Ordered one yesterday, along with that 6 guage welding wire, and two 980's. Figured it would help kick.

Plan on hooking up either my 225 or 450 foot warmers to the 980. Wont rec any of it till Thursday or beginning next week. Being my first Amazon transaction I did not request expedited delivery. They set me up on some prime thing for a month free. I'm used to UPS/ FedEx loosing shit being delivered to me, or even claiming they can't find me.....so why would I want to speed THAT up.

We'll see what happens. Meanwhile, the 2970N2 still sits in box wanting to be connected to juice. Too many daily things, a jammed up snot block (sick), and pontificating about signing up with AARP......do they have discounts for radio enthusiasts?

That 980/203/D104 is a pic found online. I actually have the -p version amp, but own all the rest. That pic is a good way to describe the amp size and low power draw.

As to shipping, I long ago changed everything to a UPS store. 24/7 access with package pickup most business hours. As it’s in a shopping center, I just wheel the 18-wheeler around the backside when homebound. Or not. Grab and go.

AARP is an insurance shill. You sign up people you DON’T like for them.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Is dat an Astatic D104M6B hooked up in that picture?

Ordered one yesterday, along with that 6 guage welding wire, and two 980's. Figured it would help kick.

Plan on hooking up either my 225 or 450 foot warmers to the 980. Wont rec any of it till Thursday or beginning next week. Being my first Amazon transaction I did not request expedited delivery. They set me up on some prime thing for a month free. I'm used to UPS/ FedEx loosing shit being delivered to me, or even claiming they can't find me.....so why would I want to speed THAT up.

We'll see what happens. Meanwhile, the 2970N2 still sits in box wanting to be connected to juice. Too many daily things, a jammed up snot block (sick), and pontificating about signing up with AARP......do they have discounts for radio enthusiasts?
You could sell the N2 to get money to buy more 980s. haha

Reactions: Woody-202
Mudfoot , thanks for bringing this stuff to our attention !!! Your the man

Four-Two-Zero in New Jersey waving at you ;)

Thanks again , Brian

Reactions: Rwb
FYI I talk all over the world on my 980 pushing 2-6 into a 2-pill on SB ! I never though sideband was "my thing" but as I have gotten older and calmer sideband can be really awesome ! 36 upper 38 lower are my go to frequencies but ive made serious DX contacts on most of the upper and lower 40!!! Just had to slow down on the channel knob !!

Thanks again Mudfoot you handsome MUD DUCK YOU Lol ..

4-2-Zero NJ

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.