• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Power supply's

I believe the PM3 is the old version, PM4 is the new version. I think someone said the 3 is 3 stage charger and 4 is 4 stage charger. There should be a switch on the side to switch between battery charger mode and fixed output. Checkout the reviews on Amazon, several hams are using these. eHam has a good review too.

https://www.eham.net/reviews/view-product?id=14283

Reactions: S&W357
So it was fast shipping but no email notice of shipping, it just showed up. Good thing it wasnt raining.
Definitely will have to be a little creative with these small terminals.
I have a little 2 pill ill try it out with later today or tomorrow. Been busy putting a new roof on the house this week. Still have to finish screwing it down. New siding is next.
20200502_131910.jpg
15884406579782118272196910359157.jpg

Did you order them directly from MegaWatt? I have three of them ordered at different times. I received an email each time thanking me for the order. The next day I would receive a second email showing the USPS Tracking Number.

Reactions: Tokin
This seems like a cheap deal for a 60 amp $43 canadian on amazon but probably load for fans as I notice of this type ps, I have to ebay 30 amp units and fans are loud.
61bF9qMqlQL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Reactions: Tokin
Did you order them directly from MegaWatt? I have three of them ordered at different times. I received an email each time thanking me for the order. The next day I would receive a second email showing the USPS Tracking Number.
Direct from their site. Ill have to check my spam folder.

Reactions: S&W357
This seems like a cheap deal for a 60 amp $43 canadian on amazon but probably load for fans as I notice of this type ps, I have to ebay 30 amp units and fans are loud.
61bF9qMqlQL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Fan on the megawatt is very quiet and the unit seems well filtered. I like this model better than the s-1200 I had.
This was the best I could do after filtering thru my junk pile(s)
20200502_185532.jpg

Those same red connectors came with my S-700-12 MegaWatt power supply.

I had to place the crimper one handle down on the workbench and push hard on the other handle but I got them to crimp.
Was going to say my 30/33 didn't include them. I'm stuck running 10ga for about 2' to my Palomar 4 pill (as a base setup). But think I should be good for now.

I also have two S-400-12 MegaWatt power supplies.

I zapped one of those power supplies with a 4-pill TNT amp. Got carried away talking SSB skip put TNT on high setting & turned up power slightly on AT-6666. I new better. o_O That was not enough power supply for the 4-pill.

The radio and the 4-pill were running off two different S-400-12 power supplies. Radio and Amp are OK....power supply, nope.

probably going to get a PowerMax 100 supply.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.