• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tightening head on Turner Super Sidekick

Big Kahuna

Jul 31, 2008
Hey everyone, I'm trying to get chrome cap cover off the back to tighten the head on a Turner Super Sidekick - is it the same as the Turner +3 to get at that screw?

I'm owned tons of +3's but never had a super sidekick with the chrome head so wasn't sure if it was the same. Old posts on here say it is but for the life of me with my thinnest blade I can't get underneath it and it's just damaging it at this point.

Last edited:

Cool, yeah I'll try some heat, I've never had one this crazy to get off, trying not to damage it but the chrome seems softer than the ones on the +3 to get under.

UPDATE - Got it. Took some serious prying, actually snapped the razor blade tip. Some tiny damage to the piece side and a scratch but nothing awful. Head tightened!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.