• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Ultimax Dxtreme

I'm liking your idea about parking my truck in the driveway and dropping a solarcom a99 into the stake hole.

That simple? No worries about A99 touching truck bed in stake hole? No mounts, crude and rude

Perhaps mount it on one 5 foot pole then put hole in stake?
Mount it on the 5' pole, drop it in and don't over complicate things.
I made this a few years ago. Had a few good contacts from it as well.
http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=1402

Last edited:
Reactions: Limeybastard
20170529_075546.jpg Screenshot_20170515-150622.png Screenshot_20170515-150647.png I like the antenna in a the pickup idea. I live in a townhouse with a small patio, I use a dipole antenna mounted on a 12 foot tall painters pole. The pole goes into a five gallon bucket with pvc pipe cemented in to hold it in place. It works pretty good for dx, not as good as an antenna mounted 40 feet in the air. But,it lets me play radio. Locally I have talked to a guy about 60 miles away on side band. I believe he is running a beam antenna.
It is easy to push up in the air when I want to get on the radio and so far no problems from any neighbors. I run a old Uniden with a RM Italy 203 and have made some decent contacts with this setup.

Indeed. It's bad enough with the Wilson 1000, should have gone Little Will haha
This would fit in your garage when not in use .
ps13918271-telescopic_mast_hydraulic_lifting_trailer_system.jpg

pt13918298-hydraulic_lifting_pneumatic_telescopic_masts_trailer_system_for_mobile_telecommunication.jpg

The extension ladder mast has been done. It's a good Idea. Lean it against the roof edge, or attach the the fence. In fact, with a tuner the ladder itself is the antenna. I wouldn't give it a second thought, but, me being the redneck I am, I'll use whatever will radiate. Too many options to be without a solution.

Last edited:
The extension ladder mast has been done. It's a good Idea. Lean it against the roof edge, or attach the the fence. In fact, wuth a tuner the ladder itself is the antenna. I wouldn't give it a second thought, but, me being the redneck I am, I'll use whatever will radiate. Too many options to be without a solution.

True enough. I remember the time Homer took some poor old lady's aluminum walker and made a Moxon out of it.....:ROFLMAO:;)

The extension ladder mast has been done. It's a good Idea. Lean it against the roof edge, or attach the the fence. In fact, with a tuner the ladder itself is the antenna. I wouldn't give it a second thought, but, me being the redneck I am, I'll use whatever will radiate. Too many options to be without a solution.
Yeah, but the ladder is aluminum, wont that be a non issue for me if strapping a A99 on it. Ballsing out as the install day gets closer, in reference to hoa and nosey neighbors.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.