1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

What about a food ideas section?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by Captain Kilowatt, Oct 7, 2014.

?

How about a foodie section where we can swap recipes, cooking or grilling ideas etc.

1. Sure. I am a foodie and am always looking to share ideas.

17 vote(s)
    70.8%
  2. No. It has no place on a radio forum.

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

How about a foodie section where we can swap recipes, cooking or grilling ideas etc.

2. wavrider

wavrider W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

CK I just got back from two weeks in the Philippines.

GREAT food the culinary delights are so numerous and in expensive.

Definitely a foodie here also.

3. RatsoW8

RatsoW8 Supporting Member, W9WDX ARC Member - WD8T

Oh yea!

4. Captain Kilowatt

Staff Member

Don't forget to place your vote above and not simply say "Yeah" or "No" in a replay.

Actually this idea came from Tallman as a result of another thread where some hot sauces were discussed while talking about stuffed peppers.

Keep up the voting and we will see how it goes.

5. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

All of us are into radios and the technology involved and we also EAT. My mom asked me one day if I liked to eat. The answer is an obvious "Hell Yes!" Well she told me I better learn how to cook because most young ladies my age would burn boiled water. Took her advice to heart and learned everything she could teach me on all of my favorite dishes and expanded from there. I do multicultural from real Mexican food to German and Italian favorites. I would be real active in sharing recipes and I'm sure trying out what you guys post as well.

6. RatsoW8

I've already loosened my belt a notch just reading Tallman's post. Going to the gym now.

binrat likes this.
  7. binrat

binrat WDX Club Coordinator
    Staff Member

OK, that doesn't make me feel too bad then. I'm right there with you.

8. Captain Kilowatt

Staff Member

I grew up as an only child with two working parents. As I got a little older and could be left alone, if I wanted to eat I had to learn a few cooking skills. It didn't hurt me, in fact it made me better. I still shudder to this day when I think about some of my male cousins that hardly know how to boil an egg.

9. C2

C2 Sr. Member

it's kind of a tortuous idea, i guess as long as it goes by the scrap radio forum where i can't post anyway...

10. Robb

Robb Yup

I said 'No'. If anyone wanted to start a thread about food - or whatever; just go ahead and do it if you think there is something to share that is interesting in some way. Nooooo problemmo there. But to have a dedicated section for it? Why bother? Thought this was a radio forum? Surely there is interest in everything radio here - right?

I have a simple recipe for BBQ beans; maybe next spring in the General Discussions section . . .

11. Captain Kilowatt

Staff Member

Yeah I suppose........I mean what self respecting radio operator would ever be caught dead standing in front of a BBQ grill or smoker anyway. :ROFLMAO:

wavrider likes this.
  12. Robb

Robb Yup

Found a way to use the ol Weber as a smoker. I like BBQ as much or more as the next guy. Yum; my fave!

JoeDirt likes this.
  13. C2

C2 Sr. Member

Alright, I'm changing my mind then. I was stuck on missing turkey and xmas dinner this year, but now I see I have a lot more to be missing next summer...

14. RatsoW8

s

On other forums I belong to like the official Harley Davidson forum they have other sections in addition to all the motorcycle stuff. Those sections are some of the most active and interesting and take nothing away from the main forums. As a matter of fact I think discussing things like this help forum menbers get to know each other on another level and give those who don't post very often and chance to participate. Who here doesn't eat? And I've never been to a hamfest where there was just a bunch of skinny guys.

Let's face it...I can only read about someone's SWR's so many time before I close the forum window and go bake a souflet. Let's expand our world beyond solder and import radios.

mb91w126 likes this.
  15. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

Only if you share your only if you share your family recipe for Poutine :)