1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Which CB Shops are still accepting mail-in repairs?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Unit 194, Jul 5, 2016.

1. kaos513

kaos513 Sr. Member

I usually send Mike my radios with a note or repair sheet I don't email him he emails me with price and explains what he did he's is a great tech.

2. Slowmover

Slowmover Sr. Member

Have used only Clays since ‘97.

undertaker likes this.
  3. dave457

dave457 Sr. Member

I had past dealings with this guy.... And all I'm gonna say is take your work elsewhere.
    Just my two cents

Unit 194 and rabbiporkchop like this.
  4. Unit 194

Unit 194 Well-Known Member

5. weatherman

weatherman Member

Sent 4 radios to Smokin Joe's about 5 months ago and I am down to the last one that works.

LeapFrog likes this.
  6. OldTech03

OldTech03 Sr. Member

What exactly does that mean they were all fixed and now only one works?

Unit 194 and undertaker like this.
  7. LeapFrog

LeapFrog Wielding Hanlon's Razor

I think he means to say they didn't last long (not reliable)?

Unit 194 likes this.
  8. weatherman

weatherman Member

Galaxy 99V has gone into a scan mode and there is not a scan mode on this model. Can't get it to stop. Ranger 2970N2 had a cold solder and now the slightest bump sends the radio to 28 MHz and with a slap on its side, the radio will go back to 24 MHz(back to 11 meters with a push of a button). 2510 tune done by Doc out of Buffalo was taken out and now the receive is muffled and all the radio's do not have any modulation.

Unit 194 and LeapFrog like this.
  9. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

OldTech03 did a great job on my 99v. I will be sending him another radio soon. Check it out:

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/galaxy-dx99v-back-in-service.245815/#post-683429

S&W357 and Unit 194 like this.
  10. CDX8412

CDX8412 Active Member

I have to believe Mike just got overloaded with work from his YouTube channel. I just sent two older Bearcat scanners to him for restoration, so we’ll see if I hear from him when they’re done (I expect to hear from him).

I figure he just stopped posting videos because it only created more work for him. I have had the pleasure of talking to him on the phone in the past (he called me with questions regarding a previous repair), and he is just as he seems on his videos. He has always done a great job on my radios, and I hope to send a few more in the future.

kaos513 and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  11. Unit 194

Unit 194 Well-Known Member

He has also done a great job on my radios but he has been very quiet for the past 6 months on his YouTube channel. I thought that he might be taking a well deserved vacation. :)

12. jkp1

jkp1 Member

For a while, he was talking about developing online classes. I wonder if thats where he's been.

13. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Mike gets swamped because sometimes when he gives a quote to refurb a radio, the people send him six instead of one.

Robb likes this.
  14. kaos513

kaos513 Sr. Member

He is also doing more than just cbs don't forget his last video

15. 9C1Driver

9C1Driver Sr. Member

Maybe Doc's tune is laying around there on his bench, send the radio back and have him put it back in.

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.