• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Winter is coming!!!

Yeah but we are more east too and the Jetstream tends to influence our temperatures. In the winter it tends to wobble back and forth either side of us, sometimes to the west and we get warmer and sometimes to the east of us and then we get much colder. One day it can be mild and 40-45 degrees and the next day 15-20 then back up again a couple days later. Our snowstorms usually end up with at least some rain near the end. Never used to be like that when I was a kid but now that I am 60 it has become the new norm.
Yes the ocean has a affect on weather also. So many variables. As I get older I'm glad winters aren't as bad as the use to be.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Storm not as bad as the said it might be but still required action !
24 storm 1.JPG
24 storm 2.JPG
24 storm 3.JPG
24 storm arsenal.JPG

Reactions: S&W357 and codeman
Winter finally comes here too.
11 below 0, strong freezing wind and 5cm of snow. Not much, but nice white around.
Mike
Yeah that 11 below 0 is not fun for any living being, and hope not to see that this winter. It sure kills us folks on the heating bills. When I was a kid below 0 was a normal for this area so there is some benefit to Global Warming. I'm already burning 2 coal stoves to heat this Pig of a house and hoping not to have to start the furnace also.

Stay Warm
Mike

That stove looks like a Fisher PaPa or MaMa Bear or a copy. I use to be the Shop Foreman for Fisher Stove of Pennsylvania back in the 70s - 80s. I can't even imagine how many of those things we cranked out of that shop. Got my biggest Xmas bonus from them in 79 and they were the first company to pull the carpet out from under me when they closed the door and went back home. History !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.