• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yeticom Optima MK3 Mobile

Did they come with the manuals in the box? if so why wouldn't there be one in the unopened box.....looks easy enough to convert... my ? now is if the seal is broken (and it does show one on backside of radio I would assume warranty is void, but if you buy the same radio from the guy in NY who peaks, tunes and frequency conversion done, and puts his seal back on radio,is the warranty
still good..... I figure if radio was sent out for repair and radio was peaked and tuned and conversion done and tech opens it up and see's it's been altered
i guess the warranty would also be worthless....I'll just use it for what it is made for (10 meter) and by a CB radio.... Thanks for your input tba02 I'll wave a hand from the central coast of caly,,,,,,73

Mine did not come with a manual. I don't know if any of them did. The warranty was moot for me as the second thing I did was adjust the low power settings to match my amp desires. The jumper change being the first.

Yep. If I were to buy one new, it would be directly from the man himself or the factory dealer in this case. Hello there Mr. Yeti Comm, been a while. Don't have my account anymore across the way as I have changed professions. At any rate hope all is well. This is same 222DBFL from other place. Just wanted to wave a hand(y):).
And to the ones looking to buy one new, get it from the dealer, screw EBay and the dude in NY. You don't get the factory warranty or the new upgraded mic, that is unless someone bought them directly from the dealer themselves and then resold them here. Correct me if I am wrong here Yeti Comm LTD?
Yes you might save a few dollars, but you still need to get a good mic, and a new Icom HM36 isn't cheap. And also good luck finding one used made in Japan on eBay. I got very lucky when I got mine. Cost me about $30 used. Even the new ones are made in China. So if you factor in the price of a mic, even a $20 one, and having the radio properly tuned and aligned, and keep the factory warranty, best bet is to cough up $20-$40 extra dollars and get it directly from the dealer, JMHO. But hey, if you want to save a few bucks, by all means have at it.

Reactions: camaro1
Know who I would purchase from...;)

I did get my first one direct from YETI,,, but man the shipping is killer,, $80 to ship a small radio is insane(that's what I was charged a couple years ago),,, but I had to at least buy one from you guys for designing this great radio!!

Reactions: 222DBFL
Maybe Yeti Comm LTD. can give a shipped price for the Optima MK3 shipped to FL?? Just curious as to how much shipped is to most US areas?

Yep. If I were to buy one new, it would be directly from the man himself or the factory dealer in this case. Hello there Mr. Yeti Comm, been a while. Don't have my account anymore across the way as I have changed professions. At any rate hope all is well. This is same 222DBFL from other place. Just wanted to wave a hand(y):).
And to the ones looking to buy one new, get it from the dealer, screw EBay and the dude in NY. You don't get the factory warranty or the new upgraded mic, that is unless someone bought them directly from the dealer themselves and then resold them here. Correct me if I am wrong here Yeti Comm LTD?
Yes you might save a few dollars, but you still need to get a good mic, and a new Icom HM36 isn't cheap. And also good luck finding one used made in Japan on eBay. I got very lucky when I got mine. Cost me about $30 used. Even the new ones are made in China. So if you factor in the price of a mic, even a $20 one, and having the radio properly tuned and aligned, and keep the factory warranty, best bet is to cough up $20-$40 extra dollars and get it directly from the dealer, JMHO. But hey, if you want to save a few bucks, by all means have at it.

yeap i know who it is ...you are always welcome on that forum you know that lol

the mic i actually "eat" the cost on including the time per unit to check them over and do the tx audio mods etc before shipping on the test bench these i dont charge for ....

often people ask me how much to convert or "peak and tune" the radio (and you know how much i hate that line.."peak and tune" there is no charge on new items brought from us never has been never will be
however if its a custom job like adding a speech processor etc then of course i have to charge

i have to correct you on something the factory has no warranty ...the original factory is no more as the owner retired and closed it down the radio is now out sourced to a third party under license .
our warranty is ours alone and is non transferable..so if you brought your unit from a re-seller you have no warranty with yeticom..however i will repair at your cost.

I did get my first one direct from YETI,,, but man the shipping is killer,, $80 to ship a small radio is insane(that's what I was charged a couple years ago),,, but I had to at least buy one from you guys for designing this great radio!!

nzpost has revamped their costing for EMS shipment its now $63usd to all 50 states including Canada and a few other counties like UK ..this is a courier service with insurance and tracking and very fast (about 5-7 working days worldwide excluding customs delays or acts of god)
however its best to contact me as the price does shift from year to year and some "third world" counties have ridiculous postal costs or dont even have tracking once the unit crosses their borders (even though you pay for that with EMS courier ..

it is actually dearer to send the same radio the same way via the same service (via usps EMS courier ) from the usa TO nz..figure that out!
however we double box the units these days so that adds 5 bucks in packaging (480mmx 340mmx 120mm box with foam beans or bubble wrap inside

Maybe Yeti Comm LTD. can give a shipped price for the Optima MK3 shipped to FL?? Just curious as to how much shipped is to most US areas?

answered above

Attachments

• SANY3110 (Medium).JPG
    SANY3110 (Medium).JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: 222DBFL and camaro1
Speaking of the newer microphone, how's the response been on that? I purchased mine before that change was made.
good ..not one moan ..well not entirely true as below

i never approved of the factory supplied mic..in fact i had many a argument about it with the factory owner over it unfortunately he would not budge so i went out on my own to find a better mic that was a better size and sounding at my cost
i did test the hm12, hm36 and the Mc46 as well as the sm6 bench mic but for various reasons was not happy with the audio/size or price ...if i dont like it how am i expected anyone else to?
even tried Motorola mics..good but too expensive and no scanning buttons but quality for sure .

the only complain i have had withe new mic is some trucker mad at me because it does not have the cb style hook on the back for his mic clip o_O
yet he saw the pic of the mic on the site before he brought the radio ..hell cant please everyone huh

mics are like opinion's everyone prefers their own and i never give advise on what type of mic suits you as only you would know that answer ..
some like d104all versions ..i hate them
some like cobra coffin mics..i like them on cobras where they belong
some prefer dynamic mics..generally i dont like them as my voice is terrible on bass lacking mic inserts (i need a bit of bass in my audio so i dont sound like a girl) and prefer the flat audio of a ecm as i use a eq on most of my gear now these days after 30 + years of changing mics still to find one that fixes my accent!:LOL:

Attachments

• SANY3112.JPG
    SANY3112.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: 222DBFL
Thanks 400. Much appreciated. I'll have to figure a way back over to the other place!! At any rate. Thanks for all the responses and time to explain everything. Well for the extra few dollars for shipping, it is worth the cost IMO, to have the radio gone through and have a good mic to boot. Saves you a lot in the end of you truly add it all up!! JMHO. Anyway. Good to hear from you and as always a pleasure.
222DBFL,
Sean

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.