• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Your furthest contact .

My farthest ground wave was probably talking into ohio/indiana/ chicago from out of SC MI.

Farthest skip was probably Australia...not sure...have had stations coming in so fast that i cannot keep track.

I think my signal bounces off the lake and makes it possible for long range ground wave?

Ground wave does not occur on 11-10 meter. You could gbe etting some thermal ducting. Although more common on vhf uhf, it can happen on 10 & 11 from time to time. About a month ago I worked Holland Mi from Port huron on back scatter. That is fun to do.
Rich

Reactions: 1 person
Nova Scotia to Rodrigues Island in the Indian Ocean via longpath while mobile. 100 watts and 15,000 miles. Also mobile to mobile from Nova Scotia to Luxor Egypt (5400 miles) or to Durban South Africa(7800 miles). Seems my best contacts have been while mobile.

Reactions: 2 people
San Jose CA to Adelaide Australia (that is on Australia's southwest Coast - BTW) via longpath on 27.385mhz/LSB (~13k+ miles) with a 4 element Yagi beam and barefoot CB radio. Yes; it can be done . . .

Last edited:
So glad I started this thread just got in only baled 500 bales of hay putting it away when your done SUCKS ! lol but at 60 it's getting a little old . You all have made some amazing contacts ! This is what got me started over 40 years ago ! I think talking long distance on a radio is amazing DX or not ! thanks for your reply's !!:D

I honestly can't remember the numbers, just that that's where he was at. It wasn't a long qso, but we did exchange hellos and goodbyes. Australia is one place I love being able to get to, but it's so far and few between and most of the time, very fast, I don't get to log it. The one time I had the log book out , I made contact with solar radio 351. We spoke once more after that and haven't spoken since. It really is hard getting back to you guys from here vkrules, everybody is trying to respond when you guys come in!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.