• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Your furthest contact .

It may have been you vkrules, I just don't remember the numbers. The name Brisbane stuck though!!

I have been on 38lsb and making a bunch of contacts!! Conditions are good right now for me going north up the east coast of the US.

My best contact was on 35lsb from Beeville, Tx to Sydney, Australia about 8000 miles with a little Magnum s45 and a Predator 10k antenna. We had couple of minutes of talk then the moment was gone. I have only made one very short contact to Australia since then. I have made contacts all over the US and Canada with just a few watts.

Reactions: 1 person
San Jose CA to Adelaide Australia (that is on Australia's southwest Coast - BTW) via longpath on 27.385mhz/LSB (~13k+ miles) with a 4 element Yagi beam and barefoot CB radio. Yes; it can be done . . .

Hey Robb - Adelaide is quite a way from Oz's "southwest coast". About 1500 miles. You want the southwest coast of Australia, that would be Perth.

Reactions: 2 people
Can't hear too many of you guys but I did talk to a bunch of them out of NJ, NY, Conn., and a few others. I was down at the intercostal waterway and contacts are easy for me to make!! Salt water is Mother Nature's ground plane to up north for me!

While not the furthest contact I've made, rare backscatter propagation has made a CT to CA conversation one of the most interesting. From Connecticut I point my antenna almost due south into Barbados and everything from Texas to California is workable. These signals are completely lost when pointing the antenna towards the direction the signals originate from. Signs of this type of propagation are that the signal contains excessive phase shift accompanied by lots of distortion as a result of the longer path.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.