• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone getting snow?

We have had our share thank you. Last Thursday it was around 60 degrees and sunny. Then the rain came. About three inches of it on top of a couple feet of snow. I don;t remember seeing that much snow disappear over a 24-36 hour period before. Lots of places flooded around here and the local FD had to rescue a woman from her house that had five feet of water surrounding it when the river breached it's banks. Later in the day on Friday as the rain stopped and the temps dropped it settled in around the low 20's and is staying there for now. More rain on Monday they say then snow again towards the end of the week.

I hate our winters now. When I was a kid it would get cold and stay cold all winter. The Jet Stream has shifted north and west a bit and now most of the winter it shifts to the east or west of us and really screws up our winter storms most of which start as snow then move to rain then back to snow or ice pellets before finally ending. It makes cleanup a bitch.

Since we had that early snow and rain it all melted off and that was it .
The reported rain fall for Jan is a trace, not even a tenth of an inch.
No rain so far this month.
Most of our good rainfall comes in Feb and March, not looking good for the high country lakes so far.

Jeff

Since we had that early snow and rain it all melted off and that was it .
The reported rain fall for Jan is a trace, not even a tenth of an inch.
No rain so far this month.
Most of our good rainfall comes in Feb and March, not looking good for the high country lakes so far.

Jeff
Much like lots of California, we here are under a historical drought as well. We went from September until a couple of weeks ago with zero precip and the dusting we got wasn't even measurable. High winds, extreme dry with unseasonably warm weather... it's nuts. Tomorrow with highs near 80 is unbelievable here this time of year. We'll take any kind of moisture.

La niña is kicking our butt

Our world is going insane. Last winter almost crippled me because of all the snow we had and this winter was just the opposite.

No snow in my part Okla, but it's calling for freezing rain next Thursday and Friday. I'd rather have snow
That's what we have had and like you snow is easier to move if you have the right equipment. I bought & repaired a old snow plow for my old Farmall Super A tractor to be ready for this winter and never used it because we had freezing rain this winter. But winter isn't over yet !

Reactions: G-Golly Wally
We can make arrangements! :ROFLMAO:
Big Thanks go out to Handy Andy.
He delivered today , great shipping and right on time.
Wind and snow.

Jeff

20220222_171315_HDR.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.