• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone getting snow?

53 here and the snow is about gone down in town.
We had a couple good storms so far, so for this time of year I think we are 137% above normal and I am thankful for it.
We need the snowpack up here, a lot of the high country areas need surface water.
Flows were low enough this last year that along the merced river they had areas closed, McClure was at a historic low level by end of summer and most of the good Bass spots down in the valley were mud holes.

I will take all the snow we can get, no complaints from me.

Jeff

Reactions: S&W357
No snow in north central Floriduh. 32 at 5:15 this morning when I got up Now at 9:50 it's 45. We have to remember the 21st of December was the first day of winter. We still have a way to go. When I lived in New York mountains I had an orange 76 ball on my antenna so I could find my car in the field of covered cars. Back in the day.

We had snow, I believe it was Friday night in New Martinsville WV. Luckily my fork lift has a heater(y)
20220117_204012.jpg

We ended up with about 5 or 6 inches.

We had snow, I believe it was Friday night in New Martinsville WV. Luckily my fork lift has a heater(y)View attachment 49898
We ended up with about 5 or 6 inches.

That's a nice lift.
I remember unloading trucks in the snow, but ours did not have a heater.
Or a windshield.....
But it did have a kiddie pool on top to keep the snow off your head.

Jeff

That's a nice lift.
I remember unloading trucks in the snow, but ours did not have a heater.
Or a windshield.....
But it did have a kiddie pool on top to keep the snow off your head.

Jeff
Lol! Yeah I've used those back 12 years ago, we always cut some plastic or cut a tarp and zip tied it to the cab gage to try and keep the elements off of us. I like these modern lifts better for comfort and ride, but they don't seem to be as dependable. More bells and whistles = more problems. Had JCB lift mechanics out 3 times in two weeks for hydraulic problems and positions sencer problems.

Yeah I've used those back 12 years ago

I learned how to drive forklift on a Clark Planeloader with a manual transmission and a dry clutch.
That and a Cat D8-13a dozer with cable operated blade and ripper.
Talk about multi tasking.
When they bought the first AC HD21P with a hydraulic blade and powershift I thought I had won the jackpot.

Jeff

Reactions: G-Golly Wally
We had bare ground and I came out of working in the garage to find a dusting. I'm salivating or frothing at the mouth for Spring!

Reactions: TIN_CAN

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.