• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Damn boys, we’re famous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rwb , maybe he's like me and his hands don't work " Quite Right " early in the morning slipped and hit and extra "0" ! :whistle::rolleyes:o_O:ROFLMAO: Or.... he's been watching the Military Channel .
might be but he made 3 seperate posts that he can do it and regurlarly. My offer stands

Reactions: 357magnum
drama.gif

Reactions: Rwb
Regardless , Waaay beyond my means , furthest I've ever shot was 300 yds w/ my British 303 Enfield after sporting it ( big mi$take ) and that was quite a while ago and it was a task for me scoring @ that range ! I'm just usually a back yard " Plinker ":LOL:

Reactions: S&W357 and Rwb
I want to see it. With my own eyes. In my shop. On my antenna.

I think you know you will never get one if they know it's for you or anyone that might actually check.

This is why it's done via Facebook, phone calls to the buyer, and referrals from a previous buyer. He wants to know who is getting it and where it's going.

It's not about selling radios. It's about protecting the scam.
Once someone that can actually verify the operation of these magical radios gets it the scam is up. That's why they go to such great lengths to protect it. You have to convince him you won't let anyone see it or touch it.

Reactions: loosecannon and Rwb
I love their calling out of "meterbaiters" while they drool over an s-meter "calibration" which is based on a subjective relative system.
Sounds like "meterbaiting" to me.

I want to see them show one of those s-meters read in a linear fashion from S1 thru S9.
ZOMG! my S9 isn't calibrated!!!!!

Too bad they can't read S1 thru S8 properly.
But my S9!!!

OH MY GOD I HAVE S9!

View attachment 26708
It pertains to your buddy Mike and his incorrect adjustment. Not sure if you noticed but every time somebody 20 miles away from one of his radios talks the needle slams against the edge of the meter because it's incorrectly adjusted.

Reactions: freecell
It pertains to your buddy Mike and his incorrect adjustment. Not sure if you noticed but every time somebody 20 miles away from one of his radios talks the needle slams against the edge of the meter because it's incorrectly adjusted.

Just so I understand...
This "20 miles" being arbitrary is the deciding factor?
Not temperature, humidity, relative elevation, atmospheric conditions....

Just "20 miles" causes a meter to slam?
What about 19 or 21 miles?

I think you need a lesson in what an s-meter is, how it works, and why what you describe is complete nonsense.

I think you need a lesson in what an s-meter is, how it works, and why what you describe is complete nonsense.
I wouldn't need any lessons from you.
A meter is a device with a specific amount of spring tension designed to provide a specific amount of resistance to offset a certain amount of force applied by a specific voltage. When a Romper Room technician decides not to follow the service manual and change the amount of voltage applied to the meter the meter is no longer accurate under those circumstances. If they are incapable of following a service manual, what makes you think they're capable of tuning a receiver let alone a transmitter? And that's just the basics to get a radio in the ballpark. The only scam going on is defending the guy who claims the manufacturers who wrote the service manuals are incorrect and that his information is the only correct information.
I have a tendency to agree with the manufacturer's as opposed to your "guru".

Reactions: freecell
A meter is a device with a specific amount of spring tension designed to provide a specific amount of resistance to offset a certain amount of force applied by a specific voltage.

WRONG!

It's CURRENT that dictates how much it deflects. NOT VOLTAGE.

Ever wonder why they have a current rating on the face of these meters?

MM-4410A-02-05-05.jpg

WRONG!

It's CURRENT that dictates how much it deflects. NOT VOLTAGE.

Ever wonder why they have a current rating on the face of these meters?

View attachment 26711

Picky picky. Voltage applied across a resistance results in current flow thru that resistance. Just like the stupid saying that it is not voltage that kills you but rather current that does.

He wants to nit pick so I returned the favor. :)

Yes, there is more to the meter movement than the current but they seem to think that it's all about voltages....

See their arguments about MOSFETs vs BJT devices.

I talked to California from Delaware one time on my Cobra 29 LTD Classic. The person who tuned the radio is the best there ever was.

Oh wait, the radio is bone stock from the factory. It must be my excellent radio operating skills. My Cobra 29 mic keying skills are the best that ever was ........

For several years I used a bone stock Midland 13-898B which was a 23 channel SSB radio. Imade hundreds of DX contacts with it running strictly stock power and a 5/8 groundplane. Then later came the Wilson Shooting Star and stock power. Eventually I got a 40 channel SSB radio and added extra frequencies and built a little amp using a 6KD6 tube and it was like shooting fish in a barrel and things got even easier. I just laugh at people that think they need big power to work DX. My barefoot radios made contacts all over Europe, North and South America as well as into Africa and 100 watts into Australia and New Zealand all on 11m.

I think you know you will never get one if they know it's for you or anyone that might actually check.

This is why it's done via Facebook, phone calls to the buyer, and referrals from a previous buyer. He wants to know who is getting it and where it's going.

It's not about selling radios. It's about protecting the scam.
Once someone that can actually verify the operation of these magical radios gets it the scam is up. That's why they go to such great lengths to protect it. You have to convince him you won't let anyone see it or touch it.

Well that makes perfect sense. At some point though, one of those radios WILL make it to another shop and the truth about it will come out. There’s just no way that making adjustments and adjustments only makes that much of a difference. Components would have to be changed and then we go back to the Mercedes thing again.

Not so. Mike’s explanation of what you should set your signal generator to for a correct S9 reading is exactly what I’ve been setting mine to for years. He didn’t come up with that all on his own. I’ve aligned hundreds of radios and none of them do what you’re saying there, whether from 2 miles away or 102.

A meter adjustment has nothing to do with selectivity or sensitivity, am I right here or not, I mean somebody correct me if I’m wrong.

At some point though, one of those radios WILL make it to another shop and the truth about it will come out.

To be fair to him and anyone else that does radios that if you cannot preserve a chain of custody or somehow establish some proof he was the last person to put the screws back into the cabinet.. it's all hearsay.

This is not a courtesy they extend to half of the people they bash.. but its the right thing to do.

A meter adjustment has nothing to do with selectivity or sensitivity, am I right here or not, I mean somebody correct me if I’m wrong.

No, the meter has zero effect. It's just a relative indicator.
It just doesn't matter.

These are good reads I dug up in a quick Google search about the subjective nature of s-meters.

http://www.rfcec.com/RFCEC/Section-... IARU Standards (By Larry E. Gugle K4RFE).pdf

http://www.wb9kmw.com/WB9KMW/Research/articles/article_S_meter.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.