• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is this the new Stryker SSB?

A month or so ago I read the Optima was to have a selectable IF filter and a fan on the PA, can you confirm this? Also what about CTCSS on the Optima and AT-5555/Comtex CS-1000 DX and whatever other label they will have.

logo.gif
R.I.P.

I can deffo see the death of President unless they drop their ridiculous artificially high prices,but what good is ctcss on a 10/11m radio?

Not much use for it here where cb use is dwindling fast.

PA fans and selectable IF filters have merit though.

The plot thickens! another programmable radio destined for europe,that wouldn't be the comtex cs1000 would it? ,which looks exactly the same and is already in europe.

i'm assuming its for crt france if ranger made,any pics?

There should be some of the Comtex radios available very soon in the EU at €199.

A month or so ago I read the Optima was to have a selectable IF filter and a fan on the PA, can you confirm this? Also what about CTCSS on the Optima and AT-5555/Comtex CS-1000 DX and whatever other label they will have.

We can not get the filter to work properly in the optima. We will have to wait for the rev3 of the main board which is due to come out sometime next year. This will also incorporate a dot matrix display so we can project a lot more information including the illusive 6th digit. So for now no additional filters. The filter will be in the Huracan but we are having a few problems due to decreased sensitivity when out of circuit caused by the diode switch to turn it off and on.
The filter is being redesigned to compensate for this. Fan is in and works great. Sticks out a tad. Runs cool. Labels? We live in Asia mate...what label would you like to see on it. I was not intending to apply for anything unless specifically requested.

Have not definitely heard from Ranger that it is or is not their radio and Ranger does have a programmable radio designed for Europe, but this radio does not look like the pictures I have seen of that radio. As said, from what I see in the pictures there are some things on that radio which are protected IP of Ranger. If not a Ranger, and I believe it is not, and sold here, someone is getting sued.

It's not a Ranger and it is not made in a Ranger factory. It may be being made for Ranger but Ranger have enough of their own factories in Malaysia and elsewhere. Who would have thought there was anything proprietary in a CB radio mainboard? We learn something everyday! The microphone reminded me more of a president radio than a ranger. Esp the ASQ function. I was hoping it would work a little bit like a pres george but it doesn't.

There should be some of the Comtex radios available very soon in the EU at €199.

they are already being advertised on mega kom deutschlands website at 199 euro.but postage too the uk from germany would be expensive and a pain in the rectum to return should faults develop,so not really a viable proposition at the moment.

just out of curiosity Dave,i had a look at the programming software shots on your blog,can it be made to read out ch3A ch7A,or would the five alphas per band need to be added as 41-45 to avoid messing up the other ch's sequence on each band?

I can't find anything in the program that alters the the channel number. That's why I loaded the alphas at the end! But..that is not to say they can't change to software so the channel readout is not locked. I am off to bed now but if you send a request to 91dd018@gmail.com I will send you a copy of the program and the instructions tomorrow sometime.

It's not a Ranger and it is not made in a Ranger factory. It may be being made for Ranger but Ranger have enough of their own factories in Malaysia and elsewhere. Who would have thought there was anything proprietary in a CB radio mainboard? We learn something everyday! The microphone reminded me more of a president radio than a ranger. Esp the ASQ function. I was hoping it would work a little bit like a pres george but it doesn't.

proprietry cb boards,hmmm,that would be ironic seeing as every company out today ripped off unidens pb010ab board design.

i'm curious as to which country it originates from.

they are already being advertised on mega kom deutschlands website at 199 euro.but postage too the uk from germany would be expensive and a pain in the rectum to return should faults develop,so not really a viable proposition at the moment.

Have to be cheaper than shipping them to the UK from Asia.
We can always beat them on price as we purchase direct and hold stock in asia without the headaches of FCC and CE etc etc, but shipping charges have risen here lately so we can't always land them cheaper these days.
I think my US$285 landed from here competes quite well. I just need to find a way to get them into Europe a bit cheaper so I can make more money!!!.

Have to be cheaper than shipping them to the UK from Asia.
We can always beat them on price as we purchase direct and hold stock in asia without the headaches of FCC and CE etc etc, but shipping charges have risen here lately so we can't always land them cheaper these days.
I think my US$285 landed from here competes quite well. I just need to find a way to get them into Europe a bit cheaper so I can make more money!!!.

to be honest Dave,after converting your price to uk pounds and the german price plus allowing for postage,the difference is insignificant,a pound or two at most,either way.the trouble as i mentioned already is if faults develop,that postage will soon mount up with return trips and that is true either to europe or asia.i'd rather wait to see how the radio runs in the longer term before i invest,which was a fatal mistake i made with the cobra 200 gtldx,i returned that 5 minutes after opening it,what a pile of shit it was.not as if i'm short on serviceable radios anyway,but this one looks to be a bit special,especially as the freq layout is user configureable.

i personally would do 5 bands of 45 channels s.low to s.hi including alphas and then put the uk40 fm channels in band f.which for uk use would be the best way to do it.pity you can't modify the ch readout,i would have tried rewriting the channel column to show alphas so the channels were in sequence,but 41-45 is nearly as good.

i had a feeling it would be hard if not impossible rewriting the channels for the led readout,not least because it would require 3 digits for 11A,15A and 19A,had it been possible it was a sure fire winner as even the newest user would know exactly where they were.i would possibly have rewritten the channel jump around ch23 too so the frequencies were in order,even if the ch's weren't.

OMG !! The dreded Cobra 200 what a P.O.S. that thing was. I spent half the money I paid for buying the radio to shipm it out fer repair over and over!!1 That is why I am gun shy here I showed the radio to my wife and thought it would be nice for 10 meters when she s out and about but also thought about the Cobra 200 nightmares.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.