• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sparky CB Shack turning into Jerk...

Judging by what I've seen on this thread, there is little doubt that Sparky has the cleanest balls in the world.

" Undertaker you got booted for sliming Al while you were on your knees in front of Doug. You were doing the exact same thing Mr Doug is doing here. HMMMMM. Now its starting to make sense. Sounds like this entire thing is "CUSTOM" made. "

Wow, thats a statement right there. Nice.

I wish all competitors could be as honest and as helpful as Al has been for us. One of the finest in the business. 73 Buddy

Being that it's your first post and we have no idea what you are talking about, why don't you share with us your experience.

There is almost a 5 month gap between Takers last post and the w9twr post dated today 2/23/10

Hmm looks to me like someone was digging up old posts or :bdh:

But personally,from what I have seen in this thread,I would still give the Sparky guy a long hard look if I was gonna buy a radio...word of mouth is the best advertisement someone can have good or bad

I sat down and read through each post on this. All I can say is DAMN!!!!! I have a small shop and have been in business for the better part of 20 years. I have found you cannot please everyone no matter how hard you try. No two shops are the same. Although the general methods to what they do are close. What I try to tell people who aren't from near me is...find someone whom you trust, that you have access to on a regular basis, and use them. Have one person (shop) do your work. I know guys (truck drivers) who go from shop to shop getting the same stuff done. One claims I'm better than this one or he don't know crap. Granted alot of them don't. If all you see for test equipment is a Dosy meter....well you get the picture. There is more to tuning a radio than clipping something or just turning a slug. If you don't see a scope and signal generator at least, Back out the door slowly. Another tip, if they take your stuff to another room or behind a wall, run. Just my .02 cents. Hope ya have a great day.

I have bought quite a few things from him..nice in past, but now he is very short and rude.. he is too busy...takes your order, short on answering questions and rude.. its like, give me your order, credit card number and I need to go.. wow, I wish I could do that with my customers.. I will never, ever call him again.. he doesn't need my money..
Doug:(

i didnt know sparky was on this forum
why not go to his forum and pm him about it

I still challenge anyone to prove me wrong. Buy a General Lee from Sparky and find a cut trace. Don't believe me, put your $$$ where you mouth is. Does Al go out of his way for customers? Yes. Does he give us all good prices? Yes.

My ONLY gripe with Al is the shadiness of cutting a trace on AM export radios instead of simply installing the NPC mod and on 40 channel CB radios, he simply removes the AMC diode. Plain and simple.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.