1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

What about a food ideas section?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by Captain Kilowatt, Oct 7, 2014.

?

How about a foodie section where we can swap recipes, cooking or grilling ideas etc.

1. Sure. I am a foodie and am always looking to share ideas.

22 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No. It has no place on a radio forum.

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

I have seen many many styles of Mexican cooking and none of it resembled what was in the video. What was in the video looked like some thing thought up by some Gringo on a Chef competition show. There is no respect paid to the food or the culture.
    I have been with friends hunting in deep south Texas and the food was cooked on a recycled disc from a disc harrow.(A type of soil breaking tool)
    It all looked like what you see in Mexican restaurants.
    As far as that goes a lot of the food served from fast food places is not right either.
    Most of the meat served is from roast or steaks cuts. Barbarcoa de Cabeza is tasty if you can get past what you are eating. It is an entire beef head cooked in a earth pit with a wood fire, Mesquite usually. It is a pit literally dug into the ground and the food is covered and placed on the coals then the earth is piled back on.
    Lingua(Tongue) is still one of my favorites. I cook it here from time to time when time permits.
    When cooked properly it has more good flavor than any other part of cattle. It use to be delicacy in America before the 1930's.

2. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Tall , if we are on vacation I will sample a bit of the food from that region that's what it's all about , but @ home nothing that exotic , to this day I can't stand the smell or taste of liver . When I lived @ home and liver was on the menu for the evening Mom would always tell me " You better stop @ Mc Donalds tonight " !:LOL: Yet some people love it , but I do enjoy a big plate of snail (conch) salad .:whistle:

Shadetree Mechanic and Tallman like this.
  3. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

DBA78A3F-BC7E-451E-ABEA-1EF1B72D856E.gif

357magnum likes this.
  4. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 WDX-1030 / U812 South Texas

Update: Taco Bell Canada creates world's first slide-thru take-out window to bring back Cheetos Crunchwrap Slider

VAUGHAN, ON, March 4, 2019 /CNW/ - What's the only thing that could make the Canadian exclusive revival of the Cheetos® Crunchwrap Slider more exciting, as well as more Canadian? Taking your first bite after barreling down a hill on a snow tube, that's what.
    [​IMG]

Taco Bell is hitting the slopes with the “world’s first slide-thru take-out window” that will allow customers to pick up their orders without having to take off their skis.

The mountainside ski-up window will be hosted at Ontario’s Horseshoe Resort as part of Taco Bell’s one-day only promotion for its Cheetos Crunchwrap Sliders, which return to its Canadian menu in March.
    [​IMG]

Not wanting to offend, but....just pointing out something.

I'm amazed Canadians are so obsessed over prison "Hook-Up food". That's where you throw everything you could barter, steal, or smuggle into the communal "Hook-Up Bowl" and Nuke it. Wrap it, and snarfull it before the guards come round and catch you with contraband food. So glad Taco Hell could incorporate on such a novel idea created in prison and sell it to someone.

357magnum likes this.
  5. 338_MtRushmore

338_MtRushmore Sr. Member

I thought all taco bell food was "slide out"?

357magnum likes this.
  6. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 WDX-1030 / U812 South Texas

It does that you, too? :cautious:

Tallman and 357magnum like this.
  7. fogdog

fogdog Sr. Member

Pulled pork anyone? Just a little 7.5 lb pork butt, smoked for 14 hrs. 1019190946_HDR.jpg 1019190822_HDR.jpg

8. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

I don’t really like pork, that’s how I got named Porkchop but damn it boy!! That looks really good.

9. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Looks great, what time is supper? I don't want to be late.

357magnum and fogdog like this.
  10. fogdog

fogdog Sr. Member

Now!

357magnum and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  11. fogdog

fogdog Sr. Member

It'd be on me Shadetree, if your ever this way.

357magnum and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  12. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

:ROFLMAO:
    Oh shoot, looks like I'm going to be about 10 hours late. Haha

357magnum and fogdog like this.
  13. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Is this delivery service on 38-lsb?

14. fogdog

fogdog Sr. Member

Not at this time! (y)

15. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

I would eat that in a heart beat! And I would bite any body who tried to stop me!
    Just think of trying to take food away from a stray dog!

#75 Tallman, Oct 20, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019