• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What about a food ideas section?

How about a foodie section where we can swap recipes, cooking or grilling ideas etc.

• Sure. I am a foodie and am always looking to share ideas.

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • No. It has no place on a radio forum.

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
It's a San Luis Potosi thing. Different regions of Mexico have different styles of cooking.
I have seen many many styles of Mexican cooking and none of it resembled what was in the video. What was in the video looked like some thing thought up by some Gringo on a Chef competition show. There is no respect paid to the food or the culture.
I have been with friends hunting in deep south Texas and the food was cooked on a recycled disc from a disc harrow.(A type of soil breaking tool)
It all looked like what you see in Mexican restaurants.
As far as that goes a lot of the food served from fast food places is not right either.
Most of the meat served is from roast or steaks cuts. Barbarcoa de Cabeza is tasty if you can get past what you are eating. It is an entire beef head cooked in a earth pit with a wood fire, Mesquite usually. It is a pit literally dug into the ground and the food is covered and placed on the coals then the earth is piled back on.
Lingua(Tongue) is still one of my favorites. I cook it here from time to time when time permits.
When cooked properly it has more good flavor than any other part of cattle. It use to be delicacy in America before the 1930's.

Tall , if we are on vacation I will sample a bit of the food from that region that's what it's all about , but @ home nothing that exotic , to this day I can't stand the smell or taste of liver . When I lived @ home and liver was on the menu for the evening Mom would always tell me " You better stop @ Mc Donalds tonight " !:LOL: Yet some people love it , but I do enjoy a big plate of snail (conch) salad .:whistle:

DBA78A3F-BC7E-451E-ABEA-1EF1B72D856E.gif

Reactions: 357magnum
Update: Taco Bell Canada creates world's first slide-thru take-out window to bring back Cheetos Crunchwrap Slider

VAUGHAN, ON, March 4, 2019 /CNW/ - What's the only thing that could make the Canadian exclusive revival of the Cheetos® Crunchwrap Slider more exciting, as well as more Canadian? Taking your first bite after barreling down a hill on a snow tube, that's what.
taco-bell.jpg

Taco Bell is hitting the slopes with the “world’s first slide-thru take-out window” that will allow customers to pick up their orders without having to take off their skis.

The mountainside ski-up window will be hosted at Ontario’s Horseshoe Resort as part of Taco Bell’s one-day only promotion for its Cheetos Crunchwrap Sliders, which return to its Canadian menu in March.
Taco_Bell_Canada_Update__Taco_Bell_Canada_creates_world_s_first.jpg

Not wanting to offend, but....just pointing out something.

I'm amazed Canadians are so obsessed over prison "Hook-Up food". That's where you throw everything you could barter, steal, or smuggle into the communal "Hook-Up Bowl" and Nuke it. Wrap it, and snarfull it before the guards come round and catch you with contraband food. So glad Taco Hell could incorporate on such a novel idea created in prison and sell it to someone.

Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated